What happens if a player under contract bolts to Europe.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
In this case I'm talking about Sobotka. If he decides to go back to Russia does his contract count against the 50 man limit? I'm pretty sure it doesn't count against the cap.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
In this case I'm talking about Sobotka. If he decides to go back to Russia does his contract count against the 50 man limit? I'm pretty sure it doesn't count against the cap.

To go back to the KHL Sobotka either needs to:

A) Get his contract terminated, or
B) Clear Waivers and be Loaned to the KHL by Buffalo.

(B) seems highly unlikely given his age and contract. So is Buffalo interested in terminating his contract? Is Sobotka interested in terminating his contract?

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
To go back to the KHL Sobotka either needs to:

A) Get his contract terminated, or
B) Clear Waivers and be Loaned to the KHL by Buffalo.

(B) seems highly unlikely given his age and contract. So is Buffalo interested in terminating his contract? Is Sobotka interested in terminating his contract?

I strongly doubt it. We're literally talking about "friend of a guy who posts on a message board said he might go back to Russia." levels of rumor here. And I'm not even sure said friend wasn't engaging in rank speculation because Sobotka has bounced back and forth to the KHL in his career.

None the less it got my wheels turning, considering he is basically a cap dump at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->