What happened to the New Jersey Devils?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They overperformed on several levels that were unsustainable. Is Taylor Hall really a yearly Hart Trophy candidate or was that a career peak?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They are still so very young a team ,they need another high end piece and will likely get one at next seasons draft...Not really the end of the world

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
They over achieved a bit last year. I thought they'd do well again this year too so I'm a bit surprised at their regression.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Devils have had IMO thr worst rostwt in the league for like 3 or 4 yeara straight. The blueline is a joke, Vatanen is the one guy they have added and hez a massively flawed player. Hall/Hischier/Palmeiri/Severson are good pieces, but they still dont have much to work with beyond that and even those core four wont scare anyone.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Reality happened.

Look at their roster. You have one good player and a bunch of AHL fodder.

Id truly love to hear your argument as to how how these players are ahl fodders/not good:

Nico hischier
Kyle palmeri
Jesper Bratt
Marcus Johansson
Travis zajac
Blake Coleman
Brian Boyle

Sami vatanen
Damon Severson
Will butcher

I understand it’s not an elite team. I also understand your still incredibly hurt ahout your p***ypanthers not making the playoffs last year. Or just being the most irrelevant franchise in all of sports hahahaha

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Devils have had IMO thr worst rostwt in the league for like 3 or 4 yeara straight. The blueline is a joke, Vatanen is the one guy they have added and hez a massively flawed player. Hall/Hischier/Palmeiri/Severson are good pieces, but they still dont have much to work with beyond that and even those core four wont scare anyone.
English, please

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Id truly love to hear your argument as to how how these players are ahl fodders/not good:

Nico hischier
Kyle palmeri
Jesper Bratt
Marcus Johansson
Travis zajac
Blake Coleman
Brian Boyle

Sami vatanen
Damon Severson
Will butcher

I understand it’s not an elite team. I also understand your still incredibly hurt ahout your p***ypanthers not making the playoffs last year. Or just being the most irrelevant franchise in all of sports hahahaha

lol then there’s your problem.

That’s a bottom 5, maybe bottom 3, roster.

Spirit of McMullen

3 since 82
Apr 19, 2018
Trash Shero all you like, but Zacha being a Devil instead of Barzal is on Lou imo..

How do you even know they would have taken Barzal instead of Zacha?

The draft was June 25th. Shero was hired by the Devils May 4th. That's almost 8 weeks to assess the draft. Shero was hired to be the Devils GM and be in control of everything and handle all GM duties.

It's not like he was some inexperienced newbie intern that Lou had to show the ropes. He had executive experience with 3 different NHL clubs over 20 years, the last 8 of them being a GM.

And Lou was kicked upstairs, essentially in a non-essential figurehead position. He was practically fired as history shows and would be in Toronto in a just few short weeks anyway.

Shero was 100% in control of the team at the draft. Conte jjust gave his opinion, but Shero had the final say. See the link below. Shero even had a first hand look at Zacha at the World Championships in Europe. He even traded for Palmieri on draft day. So why on earth are you bringing up Lou as to the drafting on Zacha?
5 things we know about the Devils' draft preparations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->