What happened to Michael Grabner

BrianSTC

May 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Don't make excuses for Vancouver - no team is too deep not to give this kid a chance. Giving up on him was a very shortsighted and stupid move.

What are you talking about?

Unless you have been asleep, Vancouver traded for Keith Ballard and Grabner was the asking price...so they did not "give up on him" as you put it.

Also, THEY ARE DEEP...in fact they have the most goals scored, so I don't know how much more "deep" you can get.

And considering they are THE BEST TEAM in the league at the moment, they must be doing something right...so I will take "stupid and shortsighted" (1st in NHL) over a lottery pick (NYI Islanders) any day...

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
Likely 2 or 3rd liner, i would say 27 goals and like 12 assists. He doesnt get much power play time and plays shorthanded alot. The league seemed to catch up to him a bit last year. He didnt have as many breakaways. If he can finish some more of them, he could have upwards of 30 goals.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
He is a highly limited, yet effective player. When allowed to play within his limitations, he can excel. But there remain many flaws to his overall game. Most notably, He doesn't improve his linemates and his 5 on 5 defense is average.

But his skating and shot are amazing. He would be ideal for a Lemaire coached team that plays trap trap trap counter attack. Wouldn't put up crazy numbers, but would be better able to help his team win. However, even with the Islanders, who do not play that style, he is a very useful, if non-essential, player. And that remains true, even if he does not repeat his 34 goal season.

From an Islanders fan perspective, my favorite thing about him is his ability to score from any line and whatever minutes he gets. The kid can put up 20+ goals on the 2nd or 3rd line with no PP time. That's a great benefit. And that goes triple if he is also using his speed to interrupt the opposing team's attack at ES.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
He is a highly limited, yet effective player. When allowed to play within his limitations, he can excel. But there remain many flaws to his overall game. Most notably, He doesn't improve his linemates and his 5 on 5 defense is average.

But his skating and shot are amazing. He would be ideal for a Lemaire coached team that plays trap trap trap counter attack. Wouldn't put up crazy numbers, but would be better able to help his team win. However, even with the Islanders, who do not play that style, he is a very useful, if non-essential, player. And that remains true, even if he does not repeat his 34 goal season.

From an Islanders fan perspective, my favorite thing about him is his ability to score from any line and whatever minutes he gets. The kid can put up 20+ goals on the 2nd or 3rd line with no PP time. That's a great benefit. And that goes triple if he is also using his speed to interrupt the opposing team's attack at ES.

Idk about that, he misses the net a lot and he can't score on a breakaway. If he had an amazing shot he would bury more.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He took a huge step backwards last year. When not getting breakaways or scoring off the rush he was not effective what so ever. I expect a bounceback year around 26 goals and 16 assists.

If he can improve his play in the offensive zone and work on finishing he can easily get back to that 30 goal plateau but I've learned as an Isles fan you can't bank on much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad