What happened to Dustin Byfuglien?

jarboy

Dec 27, 2007
He lives in Northern Minnesota. He can buy a dream cabin on a great fishing lake, have the best fishing boat on the lake, and the best hunting cabin and outfit in the county, and still have $25 million in the bank left over. It's a wonderful place to raise a family. He literally has 10,000 lakes less than a days driving if he wants to try a different lake. And, they love hockey, and hockey players. It's a dream come true if you can afford it, and either don't care about winter, or vacation down south in the winter.

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
He lives in Northern Minnesota. He can buy a dream cabin on a great fishing lake, have the best fishing boat on the lake, and the best hunting cabin and outfit in the county, and still have $25 million in the bank left over. It's a wonderful place to raise a family. He literally has 10,000 lakes less than a days driving if he wants to try a different lake. And, they love hockey, and hockey players. It's a dream come true if you can afford it, and either don't care about winter, or vacation down south in the winter.
And, if he wants to REALLY go fishing, he can just hop back on up to Manitoba with its 100 000 lakes!

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

Trying to get us to him him, aren't you?

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
He got tired of hockey & hockey politics and $15 million dollars wasn't enough to keep him playing. His ankle was clearly bothering him and recovery times were getting longer, but he looks like he's enjoying his retirement. I heard his family was still around in Winnipeg for a while after he stopped playing, but they'll always be welcome in Manitoba. I wish them all the best.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He got his cash and his cup ring.

Also perhaps underrated, he was a physical D and probably every year eroded him a little more. If you are retiring, cash and health can be a balancing act, especially if you'd already made way more than the average NHLer will ever see

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I think his "exit" could have been more professional... then again its Byfuglien.

Hopefully he doesn't end up like Dustin Penner on twitter.

Reactions: Digital Kid

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The guy paid his dues (personal, physical and familial sacrifices) to his sport. He owes it nothing. Wish him the best.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Dustin Byfuglien was at 1 point one of the best Defensemen in the National Hockey League. His freak size and strong physical play helped him become a good shut down defensemen and a scary person to play against. So much that he helped the 2010 blackhawks capture their first Stanley Cup in 48 years. He was a great lethal asset for the Winnipeg Jets but just last year his contract was terminated and ever since then hes been an unrestricted free agent. He hasn't signed with a team or played a single NHL Game since. So this begs the question, whats happened to big buff?

He played forward in 2010.

Reactions: qqaz

Doomhammer

Jul 26, 2019
His cousin and stepfather were both drafted before him to a total of four NHL games.

He was drafted in the 8th round, 245th overall.

Guy went from an incredible longshot to multi-millionaire. Good for him, dude is living the life he worked for and enjoying it.

MyNameIsTaken

Feb 8, 2021
Just want to say it makes me happy to see the respect he still gets. Especially from Jets fans. His sudden absence made a huge dent in the Jets lineup, and the way it went down was certainly unusual. So it is nice to see people respecting the player after all is said and done and acknowledging Buff doing what is best for Buff. Good on y’all :)

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
I’m pretty sure I saw that he hates hockey. He hates his job, and has the luxury to be able to quit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->