What happened to Daniel Tkaczuk?

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Guy had great numbers in Juniors, continued to impress in the AHL, and put up 11 points in 19 games with the Flames. Why did the Flames give up on him?

IIRC he had major concussion issues after the few games he played

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Got a nasty concussion, never recovered. Someone put it this way in a thread at CP a while back... it would be comparable to Jordan Eberle smashing his head into the ice 20 games into his Oilers career and never returning. The guy had tons of potential.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Got a nasty concussion, never recovered. Someone put it this way in a thread at CP a while back... it would be comparable to Jordan Eberle smashing his head into the ice 20 games into his Oilers career and never returning. The guy had tons of potential.

That must have happened well after his stint with the Flames? He played in three complete seasons after his handful with the Flames (and just retired last year)

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
There were points when he played with Calgary, but from what I remember he didn't play with any passion. I think the concusion happened after people were alredy becoming disappointed with him. There were such high expectations for these"young guns" (as they were marketed) like Tzachuk and Fata, and them not panning out hurt the team for a few years. That was a rough stretch to be a fan.

Off topic, but looking back at those years in the minors, and some of the players there, those were great teams. Some talk of Begin lately, I don't think he'll do anything with the Flames, but man did he have a great playoff run that year when he got MVP. I remember his face being beaten up pretty bad, and still he put his body on the line. Warrior:yo:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
There were points when he played with Calgary, but from what I remember he didn't play with any passion. I think the concusion happened after people were alredy becoming disappointed with him. There were such high expectations for these"young guns" (as they were marketed) like Tzachuk and Fata, and them not panning out hurt the team for a few years. That was a rough stretch to be a fan.

Off topic, but looking back at those years in the minors, and some of the players there, those were great teams. Some talk of Begin lately, I don't think he'll do anything with the Flames, but man did he have a great playoff run that year when he got MVP. I remember his face being beaten up pretty bad, and still he put his body on the line. Warrior:yo:

Those guys had so much damn potential... Saprykin, Fata, Tkaczuk, Varlamov, ... Now I'm going to be depressed all day.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
It is something to think about when posters say this is the best prospect pool we've had. Like others have posted - we've said that quite alot. The older fans who've been dissappointed before learn to temper their enthusiasm, but it's hard to not get excited about those special prospects like say Phanuef or Bart.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Daniel was banned from the NHL because he was too good and it was unfair to the rest of the league to have a guy this good. So they paid him $100,000,000 and told him to retire. Now he is a writer, but he is also so good at that, he may also be banned from writing because its unfair to all other writers.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
How is Fata on this good list? The guy lacked hockey sense

I don't know about that, he put up great numbers in Juniour and was too good to stay at the AHL level.
At any rate he was one of the Young Guns marketing was centred around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->