What happened to Cory Conacher?

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Was in Calder talks in his rookie season. Often compared to Gallagher. People were even saying Tampa had gotten ripped off in the trade.

Haven't heard of him in months if not years.

Such a promising young talent. What went wrong?

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
He went to Ottawa, where he was rubbish for Bishop. God how I regret that trade so much.

He then didn't get signed in the off-season, for being so rubbish (If memory serves)

WEnt to Buffalo, wore John Scotts helmet once.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
He had crazy chemistry with good linemates in TB.

I loved watching him in his rookie year and I actually thought that Ottawa won that trade (for the first couple of months anyways)

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Looks like he finished 5th overall in the Swiss A league last year for points. Not bad at all.

But during his rookie season, I don't think too many people would have bet that Tampa Bay had an even better 5'8 player playing on their farm team. But Tyler Johnson emerged the next year and replaced him and then some.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
He gets another crack with a familiar coach, a familiar system, and familiar teammates this season. He earned it last year in the Swiss league, let's see if he can keep up this year

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Adequate third wheel to a great line. Tampa played it real smart and got excellent value for him. Then he became the player everyone thought he was.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
It seems that Tampa Bay pulled a brilliant pump and dump scheme with him in his rookie season, and Ottawa was the sucker who bought it.

Totally agree with this, and while TB won the lottery, 80-90% of these type of trades work out because very often the back-up goalie acquired (Lindback for example) is exposed long term and it's a net 0/0 impact long term.

Sauce12

Unregistered User
Jul 25, 2011
The dark side of the moon
He was on my team in the swiss league, so I saw him play in over 50 games last season. In the first two or three months he scored a ton, mostly on the PP. His one timer is pretty neat and dangerous, but especially under coach Boucher the PP was always the same: get the puck to Conacher for the one timer. Once the other teams figured out Boucher's "system", he wasn't that effective anymore. In our absolutely amazing playoff run, where Bern won the cup with a 12-2 record as the eight-seeded, he played a great role as a decent scoring pest on Derek Roy's wing. In the playoffs he actually did remind me of Gallagher, and I really hope he will do well back in the NHL.

Here are all of his RS goals (lots of pretty one timers):

And his PO goals:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad