What happen if Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust is a success?

Habtchum*

The veterans take longer to get going while the younger players are not going to be consistent all year. For everyone ready annoint Bourque a brand new player they happen to forget that he has been inconsistent his entire career.

If Cole and Gionta are still slow to perform come April they are as good as gone. I just don't see that happening. The lineup will change again and you're more likely to see Cole and Gionta be the scorers while two other players cool right now and become the new scapegoats.

We're only at the one third mark.

Cole anmd Gionta were at home - skating with buddies- the whole lockout while Eller and the two Gallys played competitive hockey somewhere.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
bq plek gio
eller chuck gally
pax dd cole
moen white prust

Three youngsters on the same line? I don't think it's gonna happen.

Prust will play with AGally. Either Eller or BGally will be on the 4th line.

I like:

Eller AGally Prust
Moen White BGally

What will probably happen:

BGally AGally Prust
Moen Eller Armstrong

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007

I like:

Eller AGally Prust
Moen White BGally

BGally AGally Prust
Moen Eller Armstrong
Armstrong is the weakest we have. He should sit as White plays better and can be used at wing or center.

Starting to think we should try Eller at center as some posters say.
Max Eller DDH
Bourque Pleks Gionta
BGally AGally Prust
Moen White Cole until he wakes up, then we have problems as Eller, bGally are playing well enough to deserve top line minutes.

Maelpj*

I like:

Eller AGally Prust
Moen White BGally

BGally AGally Prust
Moen Eller Armstrong

Gallagher on the 4th? No thanks jeff. The guy is have been no doubt one of our best top 4 offensive player this season.

I would put Cole, Gionta, Eller, Desharnais or Prust before putting him on the 4th line.

But I think you got it right, Eller is gonna go down on the 4th line, unfortunately.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Gallagher on the 4th? No thanks jeff. The guy is have been no doubt one of our best top 4 offensive player this season.

I would put Cole, Gionta, Eller, Desharnais or Prust before putting him on the 4th line.

But I think you got it right, Eller is gonna go down on the 4th line, unfortunately.

Well, BGally will return from a concussion. Obviously, he won't stay on the 4th line for too long. Eller would be back there as soon as the Eller-AGally-Prust line no longer produces fireworks.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Prust has been a huge boost to this team and can slot in on any line. He has brought more to this team for the money than most of our signings and people *****ed about that FA signing. we need to dump the smurfs for more big solig players like Prust. My nickname for Cole this season is FLOATCOLEV. He is reminding me of Kovy with less sill.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
Prust has been a huge boost to this team and can slot in on any line. He has brought more to this team for the money than most of our signings and people *****ed about that FA signing. we need to dump the smurfs for more big solig players like Prust. My nickname for Cole this season is FLOATCOLEV. He is reminding me of Kovy with less sill.

Ah, memories of Kovaloaf and Slowvalev. But I don't think Cole's been that bad. He just hasn't been that good. He seems to be a player that needs good chemistry to succeed. If it's not there, then he just doesn't have it to be the go-to guy that makes others around him better.

So, actually, he is kind of similar to Kovalev. I never really saw him as a lazy player. He was frustrating as anything when he was playing poorly, but usually it wasn't for a lack of effort. It was more often due to futile effort, as in trying really hard to complete a play that had no chance of success or very little promise of team advantage even if he managed to succeed.

Anyway, interesting comparison.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Ah, memories of Kovaloaf and Slowvalev. But I don't think Cole's been that bad. He just hasn't been that good. He seems to be a player that needs good chemistry to succeed. If it's not there, then he just doesn't have it to be the go-to guy that makes others around him better.

So, actually, he is kind of similar to Kovalev. I never really saw him as a lazy player. He was frustrating as anything when he was playing poorly, but usually it wasn't for a lack of effort. It was more often due to futile effort, as in trying really hard to complete a play that had no chance of success or very little promise of team advantage even if he managed to succeed.

Anyway, interesting comparison.

Ya Cole seems to not really play with any urgency away from the puck it is frustrating. Sorry for the spelling errors just had shoulder sugery 2 weeks ago on the right arm. Had to repair the rotator cuff and labrum.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I'd love to see Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher. Fast, strong, creative, with lots of goalscoaring potential.

Although, I'm not sure if B-Gally can handle the tough defensive responsibilities that comes along with playing alongside Gangsta.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Pacioretty – Desharnais -??
Bourque - Plekanec – Gionta
Gally – Eller – Galchenyuk
Cole -?? - Prust

Would leave a hole for a wing for Pac and DD.. guess you would put Moen ? or Cole.

Did you watch the game last night?

Did you see who passed that puck perfectly to the stick of Galchenyuk?

It wasnt Eller. It was Prust.

Why do you want to demote Prust when Prust has been playing very well with Galchenyuk. They have obvious chemistry together.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
For Gally's first game back, I would do this:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Galchenyuk-Prust
Moen-White-Gallagher

This would easy Gally back in and make sure he's good to go. If he looks great, I would consider switching him and Cole.

This makes more sense. White has been playing better than Armstrong the last two games. Armstrong is useless on a faceoff.

And no need to break up Prust and Chuckie.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site

Why do you want to demote Prust when Prust has been playing very well with Galchenyuk. They have obvious chemistry together.

Well, let's be honest, it wasn't the toughest pass to make. But I like Prust playing with Chucky

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Well, let's be honest, it wasn't the toughest pass to make. But I like Prust playing with Chucky

Galchenyuk is an important key to the Habs future. Therrien has been smart in bringing him along with the assistance of Prust.

I dont feel comfortable with Eller being given that task. Especially after the great job that Prust has done so far.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Injuries will tell where , how and when the line will change.

For my part...i would only like to see Eller getting more chances and i want
Galchenyuk to get top PP ice time .

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
I would like to see Eller-Galchenyuk-Cole as a 3rd line. Might just be what Cole need to spark up.

Maelpj*

Did you read my thread? Im the one starting the thread , I wrote that Prust should be on the 3rd line.

On this post you quoted of mine, I was quoting a dude, showing the trio he was proposing cause they didn't make sense.

Again, read the god damn thread, IM the one starting it and saying Prust should be on the 3rd line.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad