What happen if Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust is a success?

Maelpj*

Cole really need to start producing before Gallagher come back. When Gally will be heatlhy, what do we do with cole if the Galch- Eller- Prust line start producing and playing good hockey ( I don't see how that lines wouldn't perform well).

Gallagher - Desharnais - Pacioretty : were showing good things
Gionta - Pleky - Bourque ( There is no valid reason to break this line, doing good)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust ( Could be a solid third line)

I like Moen - White - Armstrong for the 4th lines. Of course Cole might have more offensive skill that those 3 guy, but I don't see what he could bring more than them on our 4th lines.

If things doesn't change for Cole, what would you do? Put Eller or Prust back on the 4th line and break a good line?.. Put Cole on the 4th line?.. Let him with Pac and DD ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The veterans take longer to get going while the younger players are not going to be consistent all year. For everyone ready annoint Bourque a brand new player they happen to forget that he has been inconsistent his entire career.

If Cole and Gionta are still slow to perform come April they are as good as gone. I just don't see that happening. The lineup will change again and you're more likely to see Cole and Gionta be the scorers while two other players cool right now and become the new scapegoats.

We're only at the one third mark.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I'd put Prust on the 4th and play Gally with Eller and Chucky or I'd put Cole on the 4th line.

Either way Armstrong is out.

Maelpj*

The veterans take longer to get going while the younger players are not going to be consistent all year. For everyone ready annoint Bourque a brand new player they happen to forget that he has been inconsistent his entire career.

If Cole and Gionta are still slow to perform come April they are as good as gone. I just don't see that happening. The lineup will change again and you're more likely to see Cole and Gionta be the scorers while two other players cool right now and become the new scapegoats.

We're only at the one third mark.

Really? I dont see anything from cole showing he will start scoring. Gionta doing an ok job, good defensive playing.

The only guy I could see slowing is bourque.. DD is not playing fantastic ok, but his place is not on the 4th line..

Plekanec.. is plekanec. Stable player. Prust too.

The 2 Gally, Pacman and Eller and the young that might cool down.. But I still don't see that happening to the point of bringing less to the team that Cole.

Maelpj*

I'd put Prust on the 4th and play Gally with Eller and Chucky or I'd put Cole on the 4th line.

Either way Armstrong is out.

Pacioretty – Desharnais -??
Bourque - Plekanec – Gionta
Gally – Eller – Galchenyuk
Cole -?? - Prust

Would leave a hole for a wing for Pac and DD.. guess you would put Moen ? or Cole.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Thats a valid question. I personnaly think that at some point he will get going, especially if we continue having a great season. We really his size, especially when we go into the playoffs. Now what do we do with Gallagher when he comes back, i have no idea.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Pac was showing great thing, energy, had good scoring chance and almost a PPG from all the assist.

Really not the same thing.

Patches was also taking all of his shots from the perimeter. Hell, technically his two goals were still far and away from the net. He isn't going to keep scoring playing like that but I'm sure his confidence has improved.

Cole was a +2 in Carolina and did a great job around the boards. He was useful. He was just kept off the scoresheet. It's still a long season. People need to be patient. The only reason people are ready to dump him is due to his pre-season comments.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Cole really need to start producing before Gallagher come back. When Gally will be heatlhy, what do we do with cole if the Galch- Eller- Prust line start producing and playing good hockey ( I don't see how that lines wouldn't perform well).

Gallagher - Desharnais - Pacioretty : were showing good things
Gionta - Pleky - Bourque ( There is no valid reason to break this line, doing good)
Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust ( Could be a third line)

I like Moen - White - Armstrong for the 4th lines. Of course Cole might have more offensive skill that those 3 guy, but I don't see what he could bring more than them on our 4th lines.

If things doesn't change for Cole, what would you do? Put Eller or Prust back on the 4th line and break a good line?.. Put Cole on the 4th line?.. Let him with Pac and DD ..

People talk about Cole not doing much, but he creates chances and draws penalties. Armstrong is even worse offensively and does not have the speed anymore for tough opponents.

Before benching Cole, there are Armstrong and White "ahead" of him. Even Moen.

My bigger issue is matching up our scorers with playmakers and our small guys with bigger bodies.

I don't want to see two of Gionta, Gallagher and Desharnais on the same line.

I also want the forwards with little playmaking vision, Gionta, Eller/Prust and Bourque playing with one of the three best playmakers/visionaries, being Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Pacioretty.

Desharnais-Cole-Bourque
Plekanec-Gionta-Pacioretty
Galchenyuk-Gallagher-Eller/Prust
Prust/Eller-Armstrong/White-Moen

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What I love about the Eller-Galchenyuk duo is Eller seems to move to wing outside of the faceoffs and gives the center positioning to Galchenyuk. I'd play Gallagher on that line at home and Prust there on the road. No team has a permanent set 4 lines.

Prospector

Aug 28, 2004
What I love about the Eller-Galchenyuk duo is Eller seems to move to wing outside of the faceoffs and gives the center positioning to Galchenyuk. I'd play Gallagher on that line at home and Prust there on the road. No team has a permanent set 4 lines.

So on the road you put Gallagher on the 4th line?

Maelpj*

Patches was also taking all of his shots from the perimeter. Hell, technically his two goals were still far and away from the net. He isn't going to keep scoring playing like that but I'm sure his confidence has improved.

Cole was a +2 in Carolina and did a great job around the boards. He was useful. He was just kept off the scoresheet. It's still a long season. People need to be patient. The only reason people are ready to dump him is due to his pre-season comments.

It's not about being patient. It's about putting the best player right now on the line-up. My question was what to do if Cole doesn't improve before the come back of Gally.

You talk about the quality of Pac goal.. Well the +2 of cole come from this ugly goal, and the slapshot of pleky. Put Gally, Chuck, Prust or Eller with Pac and DD, these guy would show as much if not more than what Cole is doing.

You can't put one of the Bourque- Plek - Gionta on the 4th line. You can't put one of the Gally- DD - Pac on the 4th line. And why would you put one of the Prust - Eller - Galch on the 4th, right now, those guy show better things that Cole.

Maelpj*

People talk about Cole not doing much, but he creates chances and draws penalties. Armstrong is even worse offensively and does not have the speed anymore for tough opponents.

Before benching Cole, there are Armstrong and White "ahead" of him. Even Moen.

My bigger issue is matching up our scorers with playmakers and our small guys with bigger bodies.

I don't want to see two of Gionta, Gallagher and Desharnais on the same line.

I also want the forwards with little playmaking vision, Gionta, Eller/Prust and Bourque playing with one of the three best playmakers/visionaries, being Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Pacioretty.

Desharnais-Cole-Bourque
Plekanec-Gionta-Pacioretty
Galchenyuk-Gallagher-Eller/Prust
Prust/Eller-Armstrong/White-Moen

Respect your opinion, but I have a problem with Eller on the 4th line. What does Cole show right now to deserve a better spot than Eller/Prust.

Why not put Cole on the 4th line with White and Moen

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Won't lie, I hate Cole's play this season almost as much as I hated Bourque's play last season.

BUT the one thing that gives me some hope is his start last season was almost as bad:

15 games
3 goals
2 assists
5 points
47 shots

He was getting a lot more shots though and more involved in the play (ie. Pacioretty this season getting 3+shots/game...eventually pucks will start going in) so I am still not confident he'll bounce back.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013

Don't forget Pacioretty has been rather banged up this season. Cole, unless he is hiding it, has no such excuse.

Maelpj*

Won't lie, I hate Cole's play this season almost as much as I hated Bourque's play last season.

BUT the one thing that gives me some hope is his start last season was almost as bad:

15 games
3 goals
2 assists
5 points
47 shots

He was getting a lot more shots though and more involved in the play (ie. Pacioretty this season getting 3+shots/game...eventually pucks will start going in) so I am still not confident he'll bounce back.

Still the question was not wheter or not Cole is gonna explode. It's what IF things doesnt change when Gally came back. What to do with Cole.

Mag1328

Aug 9, 2006
How about Galchenyuk-Eller-Cole on the third line, Prust on the fourth and voilà?

Maelpj*

How about Galchenyuk-Eller-Cole on the third line, Prust on the fourth and voilà?

The idea of putting Cole with these two sound disgusting. Prust bring more energy and size than Cole. He even show better offensive and +/- stats while playing most of the time one the 3-4 line.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
For Gally's first game back, I would do this:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Galchenyuk-Prust
Moen-White-Gallagher

This would easy Gally back in and make sure he's good to go. If he looks great, I would consider switching him and Cole.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Respect your opinion, but I have a problem with Eller on the 4th line. What does Cole show right now to deserve a better spot than Eller/Prust.

Why not put Cole on the 4th line with White and Moen

Cole is a waste on the 4th line. He may not be piling up points but he gets decent opposition and is not getting killed in the +/-.

I would play Eller on the third most frequently used line either way.

If we need two defensive lines, then Eller-Armstrong-Moen get to play 13 minutes or so, and the Gallys get sheltered minutes.

If the fourth line is not so much needed, then play Eller on the third with the Gallys and let THEM get 11-12 ES minutes.

Eller would then get PK time to get up near 15 minutes.

Cole would be getting around 15 minutes too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->