What grade would you give Kevin Adams?

Grade Kevin Adams

• Total voters

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
D:

Has done pretty much the bare minimum for this team. Hall was a splash but like Staal and Eakin, It failed. When It was time to purge expiring assets he got less than expected value. Oh yeah and failing to address the glaring issues of the Sabres when management’s perception of the team was “contender.”

Not enough quantity to earn the failing grade yet but has really done a bad job, even when he’s operating at a very minimal level.

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
I don't even know where to begin. I have watched or attended most of the Sabres' east coast games over the past 40+ years and now haven't watched a full game in almost two seasons. I would love to find the passion back, but I need a reason to come back. This wasn't a Bob Corkum deadline, but it was close.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Signing Eakin alone should earn him a big fat F. It was just such an incredibly stupid move that even Stevie Wonder could see was going to end up being a disaster and it ended up being even worse than expected.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
No way to justify leading the worst stretch in the history of the franchise as a mere C. D is generous.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
His offseason moves were a train wreck.
The 2 players we "suffered" and tanked for want out.
He never addressed the goaltending problem which doomed the season before first puck drop.
Why wasn't this amateur fired Sunday?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well, we still won't have another GM anytime soon and we know that. Maybe hiring Karmanos will somehow affect him in a positive way, at least I hope so.

Reactions: joshjull

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Getting a 2C: B-. Even if Staal scored at a 20-22 goal pace, this woulda been an A move. It failed and the return was very meh.

Getting a 3C: C. Hate Eakin all you want to, but he was miscast as the Larsson replacement. He should mostly be a NZ guy, or someone who wins the faceoff in the DZ and then gets off the ice. I preferred Wennberg, Pius Suter, or Soderberg. So that is my issue with the Eakin signing, but in Adams defense, those players may not have wanted to sign here.

Getting a backup G: F. Nothing more to say about Crater Hutton being the #2.

Getting more scoring help: A. The Hall signing should have been a coup. It became an absolute F.

Getting depth: B. The low cost signings were meh. Unfortunately none of them were people that could (or should) play up in the lineup in a pinch. At least this was sort of rectified getting Bjork back in the Hall trade.

Trades: D-. Only getting a 2nd for Hall was a failure. It should have been conditional 1st, or get a prospect thrown in. Adding Lazar was stupid. A 3rd + 5th for Staal was infuriating. Get a 2nd for him instead of two picks when you have no damn scouts. The Montour trade was meh. JJ for a 6th was meh.

Keeping Ralph: F.

Waiver claims: F. Even the blind Crater Hutton could see that the Sabres were stupid to not claim a G, when the organization only had 5 guys signed. Instead you end up signing Houser and Lekkas just to have a goalie to play.

Getting help: A, I think. I know nothing of Karmanos.

Results of all the above: F. I’d be fine missing the playoffs again. But not with dead f***ing last.

2021 Entry Draft: C (tentatively). Can be higher if they draft at least 2 of the players I like outside of the 1st round, will be lower if they draft nobody I like.

Overall: C-. How the season went really did damage, but the ratings of some of his moves, in isolation, at least showed he tried to address some issues. They just failed.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
What time is his press conference tomorrow?

I want to watch the next evolution of this train wreck of an off-season.

:popcorn:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Gave him a D. Didn't get a goalie, kept Krueger when it was clear last season he had no idea how to implement a system. Maybe a D- because I don't like how he ousted Taylor in Roch. Eichel injury and Covid were out of his control.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I gave him a D. Might be a bit high. Cody Eakin and Carter Hutton on the team this season are alone enough to earn that D. Get your shit together, bud.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Its 3 videos on Youtube with how he draft and when he pick up Hall, I really like this guy but is he a GM , no way . Dont think he fired Kreuger , he gave up by himself. Adams is too kindhearted he cant fired anybody.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I rate him one Kelly Pegula. With some more genuflecting to Kim and Terry, he might work himself up to one Jessie Pegula by next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->