What grade would you give Kevin Adams?

Grade Kevin Adams

• Total voters

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
I went in with high hopes. Seeing him making moves during FA . We lost a few players I wanted to keep . And picked up a few iffy players. Then Stall and Hall were gained.
This is his first trade deadline and he has not performed as well as most would have liked.
He is a new GM and I think others are taking advantage of this.
Most of his FA pickups are either traded or garbage.And don't forget his first draft .

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If Boston couldn't make the trade without shipping out salary (Bjork) *you don't make the trade*. You make Boston find another team to take salary for another draft pick.

I get the NMC but he could waited another 12 hours.

I almost wish he woulda kept Hall in the press box the rest of the year.

Whats next trade Olofsson when he is at his lowest value to make room for a 4th liner?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
His big acquisitions (Hall + Staal) busted.
He did nothing to address the defense or goaltending.
Eakins was a bad signing.
Took way too damn long to fire Krueger.
Throwing Lazar in with the Hall trade makes zero sense to me.
At least he's giving the kids a chance to find a role on the team in a lost season.
At least he tried to (but failed) to address the center depth issues that have plagued this team for far too long.

He's done a pretty awful job thus far, but I'm willing to give him one more offseason to see if he can right the ship (wouldn't care if he was fired, either). I have no hope he's the man for the job. My ONLY hope is to be proven wrong.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Lets say we never signed Hall and kept the 8 million dollars. We could have added a couple of 3rds and a couple of 4ths as salary retention intermediaries. Kruegers Hindenberg, oh the humanity.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Negatives:
1. Never addressed what was clearly the team's biggest problem: goaltending. Even exacerbated the problem by walking Ullmark right to UFA.
2. Big off-season acquisitions all failed. I still don't mind the Staal for Johansson trade. Eakin was a mistake from day 1, especially considering Larsson was apparently willing to re-sign here for cheaper while being the better player. As badly as he did in the Hall trade, we probably would've done better never to sign him at all.
3. Speaking of, this guy can't make good trades. He maybe got lucky with Minnesota and the Johansson/Staal swap, but everything else has been pretty bad.
4. Held onto Krueger way, way, way too long.
5. Set up a potentially ugly situation with Reinhart, where he could accept his QO this summer and walk straight to UFA the next.

Positives:
1. Uh, I guess I'll give him some small amount of credit for attempting to address the center position last off-season, even though he did a terrible job of it.
2. Is at least calling the kids up now and letting them play.

I'll grade generously and give him a D.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
He never addressed the goaltending. I feel generous giving him a D.

Negatives:
1. Never addressed what was clearly the team's biggest problem: goaltending. Even exacerbated the problem by walking Ullmark right to UFA.
2. Big off-season acquisitions all failed. I still don't mind the Staal for Johansson trade. Eakin was a mistake from day 1, especially considering Larsson was apparently willing to re-sign here for cheaper while being the better player. As badly as he did in the Hall trade, we probably would've done better never to sign him at all.
3. Speaking of, this guy can't make good trades. He maybe got lucky with Minnesota and the Johansson/Staal swap, but everything else has been pretty bad.
4. Held onto Krueger way, way, way too long.
5. Set up a potentially ugly situation with Reinhart, where he could accept his QO this summer and walk straight to UFA the next.

Positives:
1. Uh, I guess I'll give him some small amount of credit for attempting to address the center position last off-season, even though he did a terrible job of it.
2. Is at least calling the kids up now and letting them play.

I'll grade generously and give him a D.

Yeah, pretty much. Add to the negative the gamble of signing Ullmark to a one-year deal despite having no other NHL-ready goaltenders in the organization under contract beyond this season, which has evidently blown up in his face and led to the possibility if not likelihood that we will have bring in not one but two capable NHL goaltenders, and I think D is a fair grade to date.

What he does at head coach is an open question, as well. If he takes the interim tag off Granato and bypasses one of the more accomplished classes of available coaches, that could explode on him, as well.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Anyone has the twitter feed in which it was stated that he would listen to Eichel offers, more or less?

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
We literally cannot do anything right. There isn't one aspect of this team that does something well, its terrible in everything it does.
They finished strong last game, Ullmark cheering after the win on live TV, and an hour later the news broke about him wanting to test free agency. What the hell is going on here?!

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Offseason: F
Trade deadline:
Montour trade: B
Staal Trade: B
Hall Trade: C- (D would be getting even less back, F would be not moving the asset at all)

Overall I think he's still pretty square in the F category.

- No movement on the coach until season was effectively over.
- No in season addressing goaltending
- Not addressing D issues (both offseason and in season after McCabe's injury)

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He is tough to grade because we don’t how many of the moves were related to Krueger or ownership. Krueger seemingly had the same amount of power, if not more and eakin had his name all over it. And in a covid year ownership may not have been willing to give a green light on a goalie and pay hutton for nothing. And taking too long to fire Krueger, who knows when he had the green light to do so.

the staal and hall returns were not good, but I don’t think they were bad either. Pretty much to be expected

so not defending him, but i have no idea to those answers. Hall and staal were definitely his acquisitions, and both busted. But they seems like good moves at the time, and we didn’t give up anything to get them

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He is tough to grade because we don’t how many of the moves were related to Krueger or ownership. Krueger seemingly had the same amount of power, if not more and eakin had his name all over it. And in a covid year ownership may not have been willing to give a green light on a goalie and pay hutton for nothing. And taking too long to fire Krueger, who knows when he had the green light to do so.

the staal and hall returns were not good, but I don’t think they were bad either. Pretty much to be expected

so not defending him, but i have no idea to those answers. Hall and staal were definitely his acquisitions, and both busted. But they seems like good moves at the time, and we didn’t give up anything to get them
Hall was all Krueger. There is no way in hell Hall becomes a Sabre if Krueger wasn’t here. About the only thing Adams contributed to that was ensuring it was just a one year deal instead of the two Hall’s camp wanted.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

so not defending him, but o have no idea to those answers. Hall and staal were definitely his acquisitions, and both busted. But they seems like good moves at the time, and we didn’t give up anything to get them

This take is so frustrating.

He's the GM. It's his job to shape and build the roster. I think we can say that ownership is equally to blame here, but the idea that Adams escapes blame because we don't know "how much actual input" he had is silly.

He's the GM. He, from a league perspective, is the one who makes the trades and signs the players. It's his job. I think we all agree that the Pegula's and Krueger had a hand in building the roster, but in the end, Adams is the one responsible for that roster. So, if the team has a shitty roster, it's his shitty roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad