Proposal: What gets Risto and Hall to Florida?

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Neither Hall nor Ristolainen are returning 1st round picks, Especially not in this environment. You might at 50% retention get Hall for a B prospect and a 2nd round pick. Ristolainen might return a 2nd and 3rd round pick at best but neither are getting Buffalo a 1st rounder.
There is no way in hell we are getting rid of Risto for a 3rd,Hall don't care

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I don't know who that is or why I should care about their opinion, especially since they clearly haven't seen Ristolainen anywhere other than some chart proclaiming to summarize hockey in a pictograph somewhere, but if you want to believe in that stuff to the exclusion of all other data, Hall is worth a hell of a lot more than what's been floated around so far.

But if you really don't want Risto, please feel free to take Montour or Miller instead. Seriously please take one of them.
Former scout for the panthers that is extremely intelligent. Knows his hockey and backs up his analytical approach with knowledgeable eye test opinions.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Why is it hilarious? There’s always the possibility that this is just a “Lonny Bohonos” year for Verhaeghe.
Because even if it is, he’s making 1 million next year. Unless someone wants to trade the panthers a bonafide star, Verhaeghe is untouchable.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
If they are making a deal with Florida, they should add assets to get Spencer Knight and then address their defense. Easier said than done. I get that but they have to do better than some picks.
If Reinhart is on the table, but certainly not for a deal around Risto/Hall.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hopefully you’re not deluded enough by your fandom to think he’d be the main goddamn piece of a trade.
Of course not. But there’s literally no reason to trade what seems to be a breakout player who is signed through next year unless the trade includes something that you can’t say no to. A struggling Taylor hall and rasmus perpetually on the block ristolainen don’t get zito to answer the phone.

If we are talking about Buffalo, there isn’t a current NHLer other than Dahlin or Eichel you consider including Verhaeghe in a trade for

Last edited:

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Not sure why Florida wants Risto, but...

Hall will likely get a 1st and B prospect or 2nd and B prospect. It all comes down to how many teams are interested and how serious they are. Maybe a 2nd that’s becomes a 1st if FL reaches the ECF and Hall plays in 50% of the games or something.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I’d look at Zuccarello as a comp for Hall. Two very good players having somewhat down years in a season that’s seen of less of a sellers year, although Zucc picked it up prior to trade. Hall won a Hart but is also having a far worse year than Zucc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->