Pre-Game Talk: What? Game Day? oh yeah the Habs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Mikheyev
Thornton-Kerfoot-Spezza
Robertson-Engvall-Simmonds

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Bogosian

Campbell
Hutchinson

Habs deadline so far...another big plodding defenseman.

Habs messed the bed against the Jets. Let’s help them keep it messy.

Last edited:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Would like to see periods 1 and 3 from last week. Lets skip whatever period 2 was supposed to be.

This would be a nice dagger to the Habs... I am actually pulling for the Flames to catch them in the standings, or at least give them a scare. Remember they play 5 times, I think starting this week. If the Flamers can win most of those all bets are off for playoff spot number 4.

Hope Matthews can continue with his hot run! I do expect the team to refocus on the defensive side of things after a night off vs the Senators.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
They are making this kid earn every second of ice time. I love it. He's not a top pick he's a 2nd rounder. Earn the respect.

I get it. But they should take that philosophy across the board than, because Thorton hasn't been earning his for a while.

With the new influx of talent Thorton is the odd man out, but do you really think they sit him opening night if the playoffs? One can hope.

I love the dude but he's just regressed too much, he's too slow.

Robertson will earn his time though, i have faith, kids a stud.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Since I'm dying for a 1st round MTL matchup, this game is huge. Need to stay solidly in 1st place and a win keeps MTL from climbing the standings as well (though that's less of a concern). WPG is only 6 points behind us so now is not the time to get complacent.

GLG!!

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I get it. But they should take that philosophy across the board than, because Thorton hasn't been earning his for a while.

With the new influx of talent Thorton is the odd man out, but do you really think they sit him opening night if the playoffs? One can hope.

I love the dude but he's just regressed too much, he's too slow.

Robertson will earn his time though, i have faith, kids a stud.

That's cause Thornton is a HHOF player who HAS earned the right to play these minutes.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
That's cause Thornton is a HHOF player who HAS earned the right to play these minutes.

The minutes are better spent on others, he's the odd man out, can't judge him on past performances, he is a step behind now, love the dude wish it didn't have to go this way but if we want to win he's not bringing anything to the table right now.

Additions of Foligno, Nash once healthy, Robertson if he can get a groove going starting tonight, all better options.

Hopefully he just needs some game management and rest at 41, but this team is speed and you need a certain gear to play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad