Speculation: What former Hawks will Bowman bring back this offseason?

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Thought we should take the opportunity to speculate on what washed-up former Hawks Bowman will bring back this offseason.

My guess is either Raanta or Darling, if not both.

First and foremost the Forsberg/Glass/Berube trio did not get the job done when Crawford went down and you know Crawford will have another incident of falling down while intoxicated or his "vertigo" will flare up again so we'll have to find a new backup goalie so I'm guessing that Bowman tries to trade for either Raanta or Darling and will probably give up a 1st or a 2nd to do it. This will of course fail, just like everyone else Bowman has brought back, as Raanta never wanted to be here in the first place and Carolina has apparently ruined Darling like they ruin every player unfortunate enough to don the Hurricanes sweater and when they do fail they will add to the already huge list of reasons why Bowman must go man

Who do you folks think Bowman brings back this year?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Thought we should take the opportunity to speculate on what washed-up former Hawks Bowman will bring back this offseason.

My guess is either Raanta or Darling, if not both.

First and foremost the Forsberg/Glass/Berube trio did not get the job done when Crawford went down and you know Crawford will have another incident of falling down while intoxicated or his "vertigo" will flare up again so we'll have to find a new backup goalie so I'm guessing that Bowman tries to trade for either Raanta or Darling and will probably give up a 1st or a 2nd to do it. This will of course fail, just like everyone else Bowman has brought back, as Raanta never wanted to be here in the first place and Carolina has apparently ruined Darling like they ruin every player unfortunate enough to don the Hurricanes sweater and when they do fail they will add to the already huge list of reasons why Bowman must go man

Who do you folks think Bowman brings back this year?

Did you do any research? Both are signed to long-term deals....

Wingles would be my pick.

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The default answer is always this ...

57d32926a7187.jpg

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
I think the organization still have plenty confidence on Corey, I really doubt we will make some move to get a veteran goalie, if we did it will be through the draft. If I could bet in someone getting back it would be Wingels. And please, someone tell me we can bring back Teuvo (even if it's impossible, and I know it is), but just tell me. :(

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Did you do any research? Both are signed to long-term deals....

Stanny B would trade for one of them. Darling has a 15 team trade list so there's s 50/50 chance of that not happening so Bowman would probably go after Raanta who doesn't have a no trade/no movement clause that I'm aware of. It would be perfect for Bowman as he loves doing business with Arizona.

Again though this is only my prediction, but it's a well substantiated one as Bowman pretty much brings someone every year which is why Bowman must go man.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I think the organization still have plenty confidence on Corey, I really doubt we will make some move to get a veteran goalie, if we did it will be through the draft. If I could bet in someone getting back it would be Wingels. And please, someone tell me we can bring back Teuvo (even if it's impossible, and I know it is), but just tell me. :(
A certain French born goalie who's won a Stanley Cup might be available.

SCJ10_23f.jpg

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I
Stanny B would trade for one of them. Darling has a 15 team trade list so there's s 50/50 chance of that not happening so Bowman would probably go after Raanta who doesn't have a no trade/no movement clause that I'm aware of. It would be perfect for Bowman as he loves doing business with Arizona.

Again though this is only my prediction, but it's a well substantiated one as Bowman pretty much brings someone every year which is why Bowman must go man.
darling has been awful. They would have to give the hawks picks plus retain salary to make that deal.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Raanta signed a deal to be the starter of Arizona after doing well down the stretch. I don't get what market anyone imagines there being for a deal.

The simple and clear answer is Wingels.

My other throw out would be TVR, he's an RFA and with new staff in place perhaps they don't want to keep or pay him so they let him go for something.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Wait, people want Versteeg back? It made sense a few season ago to bring him back but he doesn’t have anything left in the tank. Unless the person is talking past Versteeg now it doesn’t make much sense at all.

Shocked more people don’t want TVR.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I gotta play close attention to Wingles next few games. Hopefully his brain isn't too scrambled after that dirty ass hit. I could totally see Kruger too. :laugh:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I think that boat has sailed, been burned too many times. My guess is focusing mostly on youth, not retreads. We have enough declining past glory on the roster as it is. Still see some long seasons ahead....

vshun

Sep 21, 2016
Rodzival
Timmonen
If he wants full youth movement however it must be Runblad for 3 mln

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Thank goodness that Kruger was traded to Arizona ... should mean he won't be coming back yet. Won't be at all surprised, however, if he ends up back in Chicago one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad