What fans will do when a new CBA is done

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersProspect2

Jun 14, 2004
Chicopee, Ma
First thing I'll do it call my friend Joe to tell him since I'm the only guy this dedicated to hockey and I'm sure I'll be the first one to know. And since I'm not old enough to drink, I'll probably down a few cans of Diet Coke and have some kind of party. While doing all of this, I'll try to find out as much as possible about the new deal to continue my hockey knowledge. It would be great if Mr.Bettman or Mr.Goodennow could fax me of copy of final document. :D

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
I've always been on the "pro-owner" side, mainly because it was the side that was in the best interests of the fans and especially my team. I've never had anything against the players, just their leaders, so the options in this poll are kind of poor. I did vote for "Pro-Owner: Let bygones be bygones I’ll go to games and cheer-on the players." because even if Goodenow and the rest of the NHLPA leadership are around, I'll still go to the games when I can and cheer for the players wearing the the Sabres sweaters...

sensens

Jun 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm going to lobby the NHL to reinstate the Adams, Patrick, Norris & Smythe division names, and add the Campbell Division (ANA, DAL, LA, PHO, SJ) and the Calder Division (ATL, CAR, FLA, TB, WAS) as a symbol of the league's philosophical shift back towards the fans and the game's classic roots. That was precisely the kind of detail that distinguished hockey from other professional sports, and I think it's the kind of thing that the league should be looking to bring forward in marketing the game as a viable alternative to the big-3 in the USA.

P.S. Pro-Owner: Let bygones be bygones I’ll go to games and cheer-on the players... now let's get the bloody show on the road and do it right.

Last edited:

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
Oh, so by rule you have to be either pro-PA or pro-owner? How about if you hate both sides equally the way I do? Oh, I forgot, it can't be like that. Since we don't have Habs-Leafs or Avs-Wings we have to have the pro-PA vs pro-owner flame wars as a substitute. I guess the pro-owner people will be high fiving one another when this is over and congratulating one another on a great victory. :dunno:

No wonder neither side is that worried about losing fans. Why should they be when they have 2 sides each drinking either the Goodenow or the Bettman Kool-Aid. :banghead:

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
jratelle19 said:
Oh, so by rule you have to be either pro-PA or pro-owner? How about if you hate both sides equally the way I do? Oh, I forgot, it can't be like that. Since we don't have Habs-Leafs or Avs-Wings we have to have the pro-PA vs pro-owner flame wars as a substitute. I guess the pro-owner people will be high fiving one another when this is over and congratulating one another on a great victory. :dunno:

No wonder neither side is that worried about losing fans. Why should they be when they have 2 sides each drinking either the Goodenow or the Bettman Kool-Aid. :banghead:

I guess we won't be high fiving any more than the pro-player crowd would have if they had won. Most likely you'll see a lot less than you think because we knew we were going to win 10 months ago and it really sucks that we had to lose a whole season to get this victory. ;)

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
djhn579 said:
I guess we won't be high fiving any more than the pro-player crowd would have if they had won. Most likely you'll see a lot less than you think because we knew we were going to win 10 months ago and it really sucks that we had to lose a whole season to get this victory. ;)

Actually we ALL loose. PA in salary, NHL by loosing 9-10% fan support (based on this poll numbers at least) and fans for loosing a season because of all this.

If anyone thinks there is a winner in all this really need to take a look a little harder. :(

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
Brewleaguer said:
Actually we ALL loose. PA in salary, NHL by loosing 9-10% fan support (based on this poll numbers at least) and fans for loosing a season because of all this.

If anyone thinks there is a winner in all this really need to take a look a little harder. :(

I can some fans feeling that they were losers in this too, but from my point of view, I win as a fan because of this deal because even though we lost a season of hockey, my team will not be losing as much money as in the past, has a better opportunity to compete, and less risk of moving in the future. That's just my opinion though...

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Hedberg16 said:
Why isn't there an "other" option?

What 'other' option do you want? This poll was to see how fans are divided and what they will do once a deal is struck. If you are neither Pro-PA nor Pro-Owner, then don't vote. Thats all.

ATLANTARANGER*

Would you by any chance be Richie

jratelle19 said:

from Sunnyside, Queens? I grew up with a diehard Ratelle fan.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
HockeyCritter said:
Can one be neither pro-player or pro-owner, but rather, pro-sport?

To be pro-owner in this particular conflict is to be pro-sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad