What exactly must Czech hockey improve to become top hockey nation

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I've been hearing that Czech hockey needs some changes. But what exactly should be those changes?

I understand that we need bigger competition in our junior leagues, but how exactly would you change it? Would go with the old format U16, U18, U20 leagues, or with the current format U16 and U19? How much teams there should be?

Tipsport extraliga, Chance liga, Would you change something about those leagues? Would you like to see some foreign teams come to our Extraliga from Germany for example? Should there be a relegation or not?

What about coaches? How we should develop them?

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
Here you go - Zacha Pavel - Domů

He has some ideas. You will not agree with all of them, but the 2 very often mentioned points:

- cancel the transfer fee
- restructure the U20 league - fewer is better
Who came up with this transfer fee? I don't get that, how this can even work? It's *******

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
They are a top nation, unless you mean competing for medals more often there is work to be done somewhere.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I think it's a pretty open question (in other words there's a lot you can talk about) but here's what I would improve:

1) Development of d-men. It boggles my mind that we can't seem to develop good quality offensive d-men and I am not aware of any special program at the moment. So I would suggest a specific development programme for dmen and regular sessions with top quality coaching. Maybe the best in each region meet once a month and work on specific skills with an external coach from Sweden/Canada?

2) Coaching licenses need to be stricter. I'm sure e.g. Elias has the correct license (and it's great to see former players getting involved) but I think that to be an assistant coach to the U-20 team there needs to be more stricter job prerequisites. For example, more experience and more in-depth tactical knowledge, amongst others.

3) Extraliga needs to have fewer teams, same for the junior league and 1st league.

4) Working on the mental side of things. I feel our players need to be more confident and less mentally labile (see last year's WJC).

That's all I can think of now.

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
I think it's a pretty open question (in other words there's a lot you can talk about) but here's what I would improve:

1) Development of d-men. It boggles my mind that we can't seem to develop good quality offensive d-men and I am not aware of any special program at the moment. So I would suggest a specific development programme for dmen and regular sessions with top quality coaching. Maybe the best in each region meet once a month and work on specific skills with an external coach from Sweden/Canada?

2) Coaching licenses need to be stricter. I'm sure e.g. Elias has the correct license (and it's great to see former players getting involved) but I think that to be an assistant coach to the U-20 team there needs to be more stricter job prerequisites. For example, more experience and more in-depth tactical knowledge, amongst others.

3) Extraliga needs to have fewer teams, same for the junior league and 1st league.

4) Working on the mental side of things. I feel our players need to be more confident and less mentally labile (see last year's WJC).

That's all I can think of now.
Would you like to see some foreign teams playing in Extraliga? For example from Germany, Austria and maybe Slovakia. I think that it could improve our league.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Would you like to see some foreign teams playing in Extraliga? For example from Germany, Austria and maybe Slovakia. I think that it could improve our league.

It's a nice thought, I wouldn't be against it.

It looks like your thread has turned some heads: Link

Reactions: maclean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad