What ever happened to Patrick Thoresen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He was ranked somewhere in the 40's in 2002, and didn't opt out and never got drafted (Someone told me but I was never sure was that he actually went to the draft 2 years ago).

Last year, he did not attend the draft, and also did not get picked again.

What ever happened to him?

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
He was ranked somewhere in the 40's in 2002, and didn't opt out and never got drafted (Someone told me but I was never sure was that he actually went to the draft 2 years ago).

Last year, he did not attend the draft, and also did not get picked again.

What ever happened to him?

The Blues gave him a tryout contract i believe (that same summer he didnt get drafted) for just the prospect tournament in traverse city. I dont hink he got past that. So he may have just been severely overrated.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Patrick played a few games with Djurgården at the christmasbreak which the "SEL 2" has due to the WJC. He impressed so much that they gave him a contract for next season, they would have liked to have him for the rest of the season but his current team Mörrum refused.

Thoresen.jpg

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Correct, 'nugs. He was there on an invite and didn't impress enough to get a contract offer from the Bruins.

A scout friend of mine said that Patrick Thoresen is one of those players who won't ever make it in the NHL, but who will go over to Europe and be a productive player. He is a talented offensive player, but there is clearly something missing in his game.

At the '02 draft I was standing down by the divider between the media area and the team tables just after it ended, and one NHL team's scout asked another independent scout I know: "What is the deal with Thoresen?"

The independent scout replied, "Well- I was hoping you would tell me. After all- your team was one of 30 who passed him up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->