What ever happened to Dany Roussin?

Coramoor

Aug 8, 2011
I know where he is now, I just wonder for those who may have followed his career more closely, how did he end up in the LNAH despite having over a point per game in the ECHL and 6 points in 15 games while in the AHL in his 2nd season, was it attitude, those numbers are pretty solid

davenash

Aug 2, 2005
Rimouski, PQ
I saw him a lot of times on and off the ice when he played in Rimouski (I live there). Dude had a big head and not enough heart to make it to the big time.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He lost Sidney Crosby's phone number

Pretty much this.

Roussin is a perfect example of a player who had decent skills for the junior level, but whose overall stats were inflated to a ridiculous amount by playing with the best player in the CHL that year, and who would go on to become one of the best players in the NHL.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Frederick Roy will probably become this year's Dany Roussin playing with Grigorenko.

Same thing happened to Esposito when he played with Radulov at 16.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I wonder who got more points that they totally didn't deserve over their junior careers, Dany Roussin as a result of Sidney Crosby, or Dylan Hunter as a result of his dad owning and coaching the team and him getting to play with Corey Perry, Rob Schremp, Dave Bolland, etc. Both Roussin and Hunter were destined to be ECHL All-Stars.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Roussin was actually a very good junior player, with or without Crosby - he just didn't have the footspeed or strength to be an NHLer. He scored at a 2 point per game clip when Sid was at the WJCs. He's still better than danny stewart. Why was that dude even drafted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad