What does SJS do with Martin Jones for 21/22?

What does SJS do with Martin Jones for 21/22?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
They'll play him.

Whether they like it or not, they aren't a strong playoff contender. Let alone a cup contender.

No need to free up cap space until you are ready to compete in 5-7 years.

Not to mention the fact no other team will take him without an add on SJ shouldn't do.

Last edited:
Reactions: generalshepherd141

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
They'll keep riding him. A trade is almost impossible because of his trade protection and contract. Buyout is unnecessary. Voted nothing. The option nothing that is..

Reactions: generalshepherd141

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
At this point, you almost just have to ride this contract out. Take the cap hit over the next 3 years instead of spreading it out over the next 6.

Sharks are in a tough spot with the massive contracts for Karlsson, Burns, Vlasic, Couture, Kane and Jones on the books for the next 3-6 years. 58% of their cap space next year spent on 6 players in their 30's who's best days are behind them.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Sharks are in a tough spot with the massive contracts for Karlsson, Burns, Vlasic, Couture, Kane and Jones on the books for the next 3-6 years. 58% of their cap space next year spent on 6 players in their 30's who's best days are behind them.

That Vlasic deal must be the worst in the league. Jeez, he's around forever!

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
This team stinks. It won’t be fixed over the next 3 years anyhow even with a couple extra million buck laying around. Just enjoy the suck for the foreseeable future.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
This team stinks. It won’t be fixed over the next 3 years anyhow even with a couple extra million buck laying around. Just enjoy the suck for the foreseeable future.

Agreed, no reason to take on dead cap. Its the suck zone.

BpvB.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad