What Does a Full Rebuild Look like .....

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Rumor: Maple Leafs and Predators Discussing Blockbuster Deal - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

Rumor about Forsberg for Nylander + Dermott + prospect

Seems like BS - Nylander and Forsberg are pretty comparable IMO

production wise they aren't far off. Forsberg is the far more complete player though. Dermott + one of Amirov/Liljegren would be interesting to me. Dermott can somewhat backfill in the eventual Ekholm trade. Liljegren would give us another high end RHD prospect or we could flip Fabbro to another team since this years draft is Dman heavy and have Liljegren come in next season. Amirov is a pretty good forward prospect. I doubt we could pry Sandin or Robertson from them but they'd be my preference.

Jul 12, 2007
There should be no question that any players you get, make the Preds better on day 1 of next season. And throw in a 1 or 2 pick.... or both.
If Poile gets ‘maybes’ and ‘what ifs’ for Forsberg ..... he’s a moron.
And he’s not only giving them Forsberg, but in their minds, a Stanley Cup.
For those two things, Poile should get 2x what Forsberg’s worth on ice.
Poile is supposed to hold all the cards here, saying things like “ do you want a cup or not ?”
But knowing Poile, he’ll beg them for a Granlund, a Richardson, a Sbisa, and a Karalahti. Then he’ll announce that he got everything we’ve ever needed.
And we’ll finally have NOBODY who can score goals. Which is apparently a goal of Poile’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dadof5boys

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If Forsberg is traded we would be worse than Detroit.
And what makes you think this team is superior to Detroit? Both teams are terrible head to head the Preds have two more goals than Detroit against each other in there three games. Pekka has played all three games against the Wings had his best game last night and another game he won while giving up two goals and had a .923 the third game was his worst of the season allowing three goals and had a .875. These two teams are closer than most think. Detroit has played 12 games against Florida, Tampa, Carolina and Dallas so far getting crushed in most every one of them. At this point the Preds have played just 9 games against these four teams and have 1 win against those four while Detroit has 2 wins against them.
To compare Detroit and Nashville right now is like who is going to win a Russian beauty contest. They are the two worst teams in the division.

Jul 12, 2007
Yes, Blackhawks and Blue Jackets have moved along to respectability.

Hey, did I read correctly that the Habs canned Julien ? They’re winning, lol.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Unless Forsberg just tells Poile he ain't re-signing, there's no way he's traded. He is this team's offense right now.

That or Poile gets an offer he can’t refuse. Those are the only two ways I can see Forsberg being traded.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
If they are willing to give you that for Forsberg that tells you they don't think that much of Nylander.

Nylander is a good offensive player but I see him in the Duchene-like tier. I wouldn’t be surprised if his production dipped here. He has been fortunate to be surrounded by extremely talented forwards thus far in his career.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Nylander is a good offensive player but I see him in the Duchene-like tier. I wouldn’t be surprised if his production dipped here. He has been fortunate to be surrounded by extremely talented forwards thus far in his career.
Nylander shouldn't even be a consideration in a Forsberg deal.

To expand, he isn't that much younger than Forsberg, makes more (for now), and I think Forsberg is not only a better player, but he's showing he can drive the offense while Nylander has always looked like a good complimentary piece (but reliant on other players to be able to produce).

Last edited:

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Sign Forsberg to an extension as soon as possible and stop this talk. You think the fan base is down on the team now, wait and see how many people show up to watch the Filip-less Preds. What, so we can watch him parade the Cup around like we've had to watch Horny do? Filip is a Pred. Just like Josi, Ellis, and Rinne. You don't move "True Preds" in their prime when you've never had a younger forward do what he's done in our franchise history. Last night was Exhibit A. If Forsberg goes to the Leafs, he'll score 40 goals a year.

Go ahead and extend him. If he says no, or pulls a Suter and makes promises but no commitments, then move him. But not for Nylander. Please.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

To expand, he isn't that much younger than Forsberg, makes more (for now), and I think Forsberg is not only a better player, but he's showing he can drive the offense while Nylander has always looked like a good complimentary piece (but reliant on other players to be able to produce).
100%

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019

We’ve got to understand that Nylander plays for Toronto. Canadian media just automatically assumes that they(the Canadian Media) get to say whether Nylander is better than Forsberg; not Nashville. They assume that if Toronto wants Forsberg that he will be dying to go there and that Nashville will gladly accept any player Canadian media designates as worthy. It is, after all, Toronto. I don’t understand how we could keep forgetting that.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We’ve got to understand that Nylander plays for Toronto. Canadian media just automatically assumes that they(the Canadian Media) get to say whether Nylander is better than Forsberg; not Nashville. They assume that if Toronto wants Forsberg that he will be dying to go there and that Nashville will gladly accept any player Canadian media designates as worthy. It is, after all, Toronto. I don’t understand how we could keep forgetting that.
This. And a guy like Dermott is truly probably a left-handed Benning but with the Toronto media hype, he’s a potential top-four defenseman who carries a ton of value.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I've seen a fair number of people argue that we need to trade Ekholm so we don't lose him in the expansion draft - I don't think most people realize just how garbage most of our forwards are.

At this point, I would definitely do 4+4, protect the top 4 d-men, Forsberg, Arvidsson, whichever one of Duchene and Johansen is doing better, and then a spot for Trenin or Pitlick or somebody.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I've seen a fair number of people argue that we need to trade Ekholm so we don't lose him in the expansion draft - I don't think most people realize just how garbage most of our forwards are.

At this point, I would definitely do 4+4, protect the top 4 d-men, Forsberg, Arvidsson, whichever one of Duchene and Johansen is doing better, and then a spot for Trenin or Pitlick or somebody.

You probably keep Kunin.

Trade off all the one year contracts.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Right now, it shouldn't even be a question. You protect the top-four D, Forsberg and Arvidsson. Probably Kunin as well since he's young and has value. And like you said whoever is doing better Duchene or Johansen.

There's no way you trade off Ekholm to give a protection slot to Duchene or Johansen. Ekholm right now is far superior to both of those guys both on the ice and value-wise.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I wouldn't mind protecting the top-4, Forsberg, Arvy and I guess Kunin (idk why really other than cost control and contract), exposing Joey and Duchene, and leveraging our 4th forward slot into a deal with another team that has too many players to protect.

Jul 12, 2007
It would be nice to deal Duchene and Johansen for somebody better than both of them, and have fewer to protect. A deep playoff team may want to do that, to get a deeper roster.
Both guys would probably magically get better again, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad