What do you think of Trevor Timmins?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
for a couple of reasons :

1-not impressed with what i've seen watching 2-3 knights game during the lockout, maybe those we're just bad games

I agree, Tinordi's been pretty invisible for the Knights this year.

Considering he plays for the Bulldogs and all...

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I agree, Tinordi's been pretty invisible for the Knights this year.

Considering he plays for the Bulldogs and all...

oh I meant bulldogs, I was looking at his wikipedia page at the same time to see how tall he really was and got the names mixed up

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
TT seems to have a lot of fans around here...
yes he made some great moves, but some of his moves are just...

A.Kostistyn over Carter, dustin Brown, Zach Parise, Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan kesler, Corey Perry...

Chipchura over Zajac, Wolski, Meszaros, MIKE GREEN

David Fischer :cry: over Claude Giroux, Berglund, Foligno

There's always going to be mistakes but the same drill can look like,

Subban :yo: over Palushaj, Antoine Lafleur, Keven Veilleux, Ruslan Bashkirov, etc...

Pacioretty :nod: over Patrick White, Nick Ross, Billy Sweatt, Nick Petrecki,

Price :handclap: over Gilbert Brule, Jack Skille, Brian Lee

It's fun to go back and read old threads from the 2006 draft. I would say most of the posters here wanted us to pick Sanguinetti. Chris Summers was a big favorite, as was Chris Stewart. Then a few votes for Berglund, Giroux and Yuri Alexandrov.

I actually had Fischer, Giroux and Summers as our picks, too bad i was right with the wrong one.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=60

3-i'm always worried about giants, they're often overated because they look pretty good in a "non-NHL speed" game, but once they hit the NHL, its not the same

Tinordi moves well, I'd be surprised if it is a problem for him at the NHL level. I don't know what he will do in the NHL, but I'd bet money that he ends up at worst a very solid bottom pairing defensemen that excells on the PK.

Fischer is an easy target, but we must remember it was the first year NCAA players were available at that age, so the evaluation of those prospects playing against that competition still needed to be gauged versus the CHL, where the level of play is more a known factor.

good point. Fischer also had some very interesting qualities, tall frame, great skater that can move the puck. It's too bad he didn't work hard enough, he seems to be doing well enough in Germany.

He started in 2002 I believe...

It was after the draft if I recall correctly, so he gets credit from '03 and on.

Do you think he's doing a good job so far?

yes, he's had 27 players make the NHL so far and that number should continue to increase,

here's an older list of Timmins NHL picks, before Galchenyuk and Gallagher made their debuts,

http://www.habprospects.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=182

To be honest, since he scored big in 2007 his picks have been somewhat underwhelming. 2008 and 2009 have been extremely weak. Too early to judge 2010 to present. Galchenyuk was an obvious pick. He found a good one in Gallagher.

I don't agree that at the time, Galchenyuk was an obvious pick, since there were so many question marks after missing so much time.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Who was picked right before Fisher? Mitera.

How many games did Mitera play in the NHL? Yup, same as Fisher. ZERO.

That is why I was and am, never a fan of picking kids from HS leagues. Too few games, and not enough real competition.

As for the '06 draft, you (and many others) wanted Giroux; I wanted Berglund. Mabe he didn't pan out so far as Giroux has, but we really needed size up the middle then (sounds familiar huh) and Berglund had it in spades and would have made an excellent 2nd line centre here.

Guys like McDonagh Bjugstad and Nelson were Minnesota HS picks(2-4 years ago) and are looking like good prospects. It's dumb to just cross out any talent pool, it will always be hard to compare them head to head.

At the time Fischer had all the skills to be a top 4 NHL d-man with size and mobility(Seabrook type?). Plus he was pretty highly regarded, it's not like TT drafted a guy that others had in the 6th round.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
TT seems to have a lot of fans around here...
yes he made some great moves, but some of his moves are just...

A.Kostistyn over Carter, dustin Brown, Zach Parise, Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan kesler, Corey Perry...

Chipchura over Zajac, Wolski, Meszaros, MIKE GREEN

David Fischer :cry: over Claude Giroux, Berglund, Foligno

and those players we're all in the first round!

and we don't know much about them now, but I have absolutely no faith in Tinordi and Kristo

Hindsight is always 20-20.

I can take any team in the NHL and make it look like their head scout(in the last 5-15 years) was a moron.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
He doesn't seem to age. That in itself is inherently creepy, but as a scout, he's great!!

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada
He's average in the first round (fairly standard mix of great picks, good picks, bad picks, and bust picks). He's excellent in 2nd rd and beyond.

On the whole, he's above average, and a strength for the organization.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Overall he is the number one scout in the league fir producing NHL players.

Here is an interesting way to look at it:

3rd: Galchenyuk
5th: Price
10th: Kostitsyn
12th: McDonagh
16th: Fisher
17: Beaulieu
18: Leblanc, Chipchura
22: Tinordi, Pacioretty

70% pf those imo did better or are doing better than typical players picked at their ranks.

Pigems*

Where did he come from? Did we grow him or steal him from another organization or did he just appear out of the mist one day?

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Where did he come from? Did we grow him or steal him from another organization or did he just appear out of the mist one day?

Ottawa, he was in Ottawa.

He actually was part of the Martin/Gauthier management team back in the days if i'm not mistaken.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Overall he is the number one scout in the league fir producing NHL players.

Here is an interesting way to look at it:

3rd: Galchenyuk
5th: Price
10th: Kostitsyn
12th: McDonagh
16th: Fisher
17: Beaulieu
18: Leblanc, Chipchura
22: Tinordi, Pacioretty

70% pf those imo did better or are doing better than typical players picked at their ranks.

20th, not 16th.

Saintpatrick*

If you look at our selections pre Timmins it's pretty telling how good he really is. I think the only weak draft he had was in 2006 with the horrible Fischer pick and possibly 2004 when he drafted Kyle Chipchura. The jury is still out on the Leblanc pick as well.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
He's awesome. I wonder if he makes it as a GM someday? That is provided he would ever want to do something like that.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
If you look at our selections pre Timmins it's pretty telling how good he really is. I think the only weak draft he had was in 2006 with the horrible Fischer pick and possibly 2004 when he drafted Kyle Chipchura. The jury is still out on the Leblanc pick as well.

I'll give him a mulligan on the Chipchura deal as Chips suffered a torn Achilles after the draft.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

The GM has final say on who gets drafted, and may or may not take the advice of his Director of Amateur Scouting.

I believe it is fairly well documented on this board by insiders that that was indeed the case with Fischer.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
During the GM search, I thought he was going to get the nod knowing so little about MB as a GM or scout. Happier that we have both in the organization

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
2006 was Timmins worst draft year ever!!

David Fischer over Claude Giroux (2 picks after)
Ben Maxwell over Milan Lucic (1 pick after)
Mathieu Carle over Artem Anisimov (1 pick after)
Ryan White over Brad Marchand(5 pick after)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad