What do you think of Phil Kessel's moves?

• Thread starter joe_shannon_1983*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

In particular, that one move where he slides the puck past the defenseman, dekes one way (either outside or inside), and then tries to jump past the defenseman in the opposite direction of his original deke?

Have you ever seen an offensive dynamo who can pull of the moves that Phil Kessel does in your life?

Do you think that Phil Kessel's moves will destroy all NHL defensemen, even guys like Pronger and Lidstrom?

Do you think that Phil Kessel's moves are better than Mario Lemieux's moves were back when Mario Lemieux was at his absolute peak (around 1989-1993)?

Misos Milakos*

Not much to be honest, maybe if he had more than one. His moves didn't even work on Staal and Parent, he has along way to go and better think of a few more before he ever beats Lidstrom or Pronger.

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
ferns8916 said:

In particular, that one move where he slides the puck past the defenseman, dekes one way (either outside or inside), and then tries to jump past the defenseman in the opposite direction of his original deke?

Have you ever seen an offensive dynamo who can pull of the moves that Phil Kessel does in your life?

Do you think that Phil Kessel's moves will destroy all NHL defensemen, even guys like Pronger and Lidstrom?

Do you think that Phil Kessel's moves are better than Mario Lemieux's moves were back when Mario Lemieux was at his absolute peak (around 1989-1993)?
Wow are you nuts? Lemieux in his prime, Kessel has really done nothing to be compared to Lemieux. He has had trouble beating d-men in this tourney so forget about Pronger and Lidstrom. Kessel isn't even at the same level as Crosby and AO, let alone some of the other players in the NHL. Malkin is the best player or "offensive dynamo" in this tourney.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Can't you people detect the sarcasm??? Its Kessel bashing time. Personally, I'd let the kid get some seasoning under his belt before burying him. He has some amazing skills.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
ferns8916 said:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Phanuthier*

If Ryan Parent can stop him, I'm pretty sure Pronger and Lidstrom can.

I understand Kessel has hte skill and all, but the guy seriously has to stop playing like an individual. His moves are far too predictable, which makes it easy to neautralize him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think Phil Kessel has much more in his arsenal than "the move" but that seems to be lost amongst the hawks here. Don't tell me, another zero performance by Kessel tonight, right guys?

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
I saw him three times this year and Kessel is definitely able to do things other players dream of to be able to .. but this kid has to learn that NOT with every shift you have to score a highlight goal and that you can also skate backwards.

Then he'll be a threat for years to come in the NHL.

Even if a lot (especially canadian fans here) are bashing Kessel - even a blind man (or lets say just an objective one) can see how much talent this boy has.

jaydub*

GPF said:
I saw him three times this year and Kessel is definitely able to do things other players dream of to be able to .. but this kid has to learn that NOT with every shift you have to score a highlight goal and that you can also skate backwards.

Then he'll be a threat for years to come in the NHL.

Even if a lot (especially canadian fans here) are bashing Kessel - even a blind man (or lets say just an objective one) can see how much talent this boy has.

most blind men on this board are not objective unfortunately.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
He has tremendous talent obviously. Amazing skater, great stickhandler and a wicked shot.

I wonder about the hockey sense.

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Yet another useless flame thread in sheeps clothing. Kindly stop it people. You're wasting HF's bandwidth and our time. You won't receive a gently worded request next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad