Speculation: What do you think about the whole canadian division

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Lucbourdon, Nov 23, 2020.

1. It's phishing season. Members should beware of an email informing them their password is about to expire. You should delete it. This is a scam to steal passwords.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Diversification Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I understand that. And I think the argument carries some weight with our record against divisional opponents - EDM and CGY (2-2 with the Oilers and 1-2 with the Flames; 0-2 with WPG, the other Western team)

Less so with Eastern teams because the sample size is smaller and it's often in the context of a road trip or an afternoon game. The other factor to consider is that games will be played often back-to-back-to-back with the same opponent. This is why I think match ups will be key and in that regard, we're not badly matched up against any of them style-wise.

Anyways, I guess we'll see soon enough.

2. VanJack Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    According to Jimbo's presser, teams in the Canadian division are set to play 56 games in just over 113 days.....that's basically a game every second night.

It's shaping up as a war of attrition. The team that can somehow escape the injury bug will be one the last teams standing at playoff time. So it's really a bit a crapshoot on which teams make it and which fall by the wayside.

One thing's for certain. This will be a 'one and done' year for the the all-Canadian division....so enjoy it while you can.

3. J Corso Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Student
    I liked this post at the time and this year is shaping up pretty much exactly as expected.

4. NomadicCanadian Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    There's a definite part of me that is quite enjoying this. Seeing so few teams is stoking the fires of rivalry. We're already seeing it, and I have morbid anticipation to see where it's at by game 50 and the cusp of the playoffs.

The all-Canadian factor has its appeal, likely the closest we will ever get to a Canadian Pro League. That being said I do miss seeing some of the other franchises, and once Seattle enters the league, I can't wait for some extra West coast spice.

Things will go back to the old divisions eventually as they should. But I think what this has shown me is that I am super down for more inter-Canadian games. Rejig the schedule, Bettman, time zones be damned.

5. VanJack Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I really thought there'd be a lot more intensity in some of these Canadian Division rival games.....but a lot of them just appear to falling flat to me....That 7-1 beatdown the Oilers put on the Flames tonight, was a classic example. At times it looked like a sloppily played exhibition game.

Maybe it's the absence of fans....or playing the same team night after night....but at times even the players don't seem that invested in these games.