TSN: What do you think about the whole canadian division?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
oh really? It'll be higher than when Tucker, Corson, Roberrts, Domi, and Belak were around? Or Orr and Mclaren and Fraser and the very first game with the Habs there was Tinordi, Prust, Murray, Parros etc....?

What's a rivalry to you guys nowadays? JUst some games that sorta have a scrum here and there...the hope that there might be some harsh words?

The rivalries now are usually among fans. And media. Sure the players will prefer playing against these teams, their rivals...a bit. But it will never be what it once was. When guys are seen joking around with each other in warmups and playing frikkin rock paper scissors...I mean.

Nobody said it will ever be what it was. It doesn't have to be.

There will never be quebec vs Montreal rivalry. Those days are long gone, those hate are gone. Used to be of you saw an opposition player in a restaurant you would leave

Its not that type of hockey these days. But not to say you can't have good hockey

Most Canadian teams play heated games against each other. Maybe with this format you are going to see some of that rivalry back or create new ones

Reactions: Auston Escobar

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Looks like the first two rounds of the playoffs will be divisional, the winner of the Canadian division will play in the final four semi-final. If the Leafs want to win the Stanley Cup this would be the perfect season to do it.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Looks like the first two rounds of the playoffs will be divisional, the winner of the Canadian division will play in the final four semi-final. If the Leafs want to win the Stanley Cup this would be the perfect season to do it.

Except there has been no discussion on playoffs yet, its all speculation at this point.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It is from sportsnet's latest article. So I take it as somewhat legit.

I’ll go check it out, I hope it’s not Freidman with his, I believe, I think ...

Just read it, nothing finalized it says, ongoing discussions continue, so ya it’s still speculation.
David Poole, whatever it looks like to me, I’m sure it will be well thought out he says, I just don’t know what it’s going to look like he says.

Last edited:

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
When does y'all think these (bettman was a saviour last season and did everythang correctly), but now when does y'all think these fools will announce anything? There's only 3 weeks to the planned training camps and still no announcement? Gittin weird sire. This week no?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
When does y'all think these (bettman was a saviour last season and did everythang correctly), but now when does y'all think these fools will announce anything? There's only 3 weeks to the planned training camps and still no announcement? Gittin weird sire. This week no?

January first is out now, like you said 2 weeks trading camp, a week to 10 days for the 7 teams that didn’t play in the play ins, 3 days for Christmas, then 2 weeks for players to quarantine, that are out of country, that’s 5 plus weeks.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
January first is out now, like you said 2 weeks trading camp, a week to 10 days for the 7 teams that didn’t play in the play ins, 3 days for Christmas, then 2 weeks for players to quarantine, that are out of country, that’s 5 plus weeks.
You might be right sire. It might go somewhere around the 15th of january I think. Lets see and bounce on that there.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Would be so funny if the viewership and rating for the Canadian division is twice or more than the US divisions. If that’s the case, think the Canadian teams deserve a different salary cap than US teams.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Have you ever seen how hot the women are in Quebec? Players will go there. It's Sask I question. Besides American are gonna fold now.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Good luck getting players to go there these days, I would like another Canadian team, but I think another Southern Ontario team makes so much more sense. That really is a tiny market in the middle of nowhere.

Put one in Vaughan/Mississauga area for sure.

Mar 26, 2010
I don’t mind the thought of this proposed Canadian division, as I see Toronto dominating it.

Toronto by far has the most depth, with plenty of elite skill as well.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
The repetitiveness of opponents is going to be unbearable for me. Remember post-lockout when we played our division opponents 8 times a year? Horrible.

Reactions: OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad