What Do You Think About Lehtonen After The Playoffs ??

lehtonen06

Sep 4, 2006
after the playoff performace by him, 4 goals and 7 goals against

although his defense played bad, there were still some goals which should have not went in

again though he is a young kid playing in his first playoffs, what do you think about him and his future?

will he be a star in the league? will he be traded in a few years? or will he crap out ??

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Can't totally blame him for his performance.

The whole team was playing horribly, and the goaltending debacle made matters worse. When your defense allows guys like Nylander and Jagr to run around your zone, they'll make any goaltender look stupid.

I'm not totally sold on him yet, but he is still so young, so there's a lot of time to improve.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
Still think he's gonna be real good, you can't win them all. Even Brodeur looked mortal in the first round this year.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Judge him when he's around the age that goaltenders usually start to blossom instead of where he is right now in his development. Goaltenders take longer. This performance at age 27 would be cause for concern, but hardly a worry when its your first playoff appearance.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Good thing he's not MAF. Otherwise he would have been treated with choker terms.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Still a great young goalie. Happened to have a poor outing in his first playoff appearance, and then had the situation brutally mishandled by his coach. He'll bounce back.

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
Still a stud. If was not only his first time in the playoffs, but there is also a good chance he was fatigued. He played in 68 games in the regular season, he had played in just 38 games the year before and topped 50 games just once at any level in his career. He is going to be a franchise goaltender if he can stay healthy, which has always been his biggest problem. Two poor games don't change that.

lehtonen06

Sep 4, 2006
i can see where everyone is coming from and myself also i dont think that he is a bad goalie at all, just a poor over all effort from his team

the players were slacking as the stats of kovalhcuk and hossa show alone and the defense on atlanta has been poor all season

also the coach leaving him in for 7 goals i think was a terrible decision, you take away any confidence the kid had in himself, although i think that will be good for him over this summer break, i believe that he will come back stronger next season and top his stats from this year

well thanks everyone for your input

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I have my doubts of him being quite consistant enough to be a real top flight goalie in the league, year in and year out, but I wouldn't take this playoff outing as an indicator of his true level of play. And by top flight goalie I mean like being in the running for the Vezina every year type of thing. I think he might end up being a bit streaky and that'll hurt him in that type of thing. But still good enough to win a cup with a team that doesn't let him down like the Thrashers did this year.

He was obviously nervous and his team didn't help him out. More experience and he'll be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad