What do you listen to for VGK hockey?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I listen to a lot of hockey radio, generally Sirius XM NHL Network.

However, I caught a few games on Sportsnet 650 in Vancouver over the internet with a phone app when Leipsic was traded. The app always stays on the last listened to station and I've been listening to daytime radio on 650. It's insane how much Canucks and hockey coverage they have on that station, and it makes me want to hear more Knights stuff. If I have to hear about Nikolay Goldobin anymore today I might cry.

So who do you listen to?

I'm pretty crappy about listening to local sports talk/NFL365 talk, so I'm mostly a podcast person, there's not a lot out there for the Knights, is there? Are there any local radio shows I'm missing?

Here's what I currently listen to:

Sinbin.vegas Podcast.
31 Thoughts (if you haven't checked it out, do)
Puck Soup
Sheriff, Lawless, and Some Guy Named Dave

Podcasts aren't really my style since I like to have something just on all the time, but it's what we've got. Does anyone have some pointers on local radio or even some national/Canadian hockey radio with internet streams?

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Here's two shows, weekdays...

VGK Insider Show, 2-3 pm on Fox Sports 98.9 FM/1340 AM with Frank Harnish and Clay Hamilton. Very good. Frequent guests. Daniel Negreanu recently. Jamie Hersch from NHL Network. And they give stuff away, including VGK tix most days. (I know you don't need those, BB.) I'm still trying to win a pair...been close, but not yet. :(

There's also Vegas Hockey Hotline, Noon-2 pm, KSHP 1400 AM, with Brian Blessing, but I've not listened to it much as my AM reception is too yucky.

Reactions: BattleBorn

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I enjoy listening to the NHLNetwork on SiriusXM. Sometimes, however, I think their favoritism for Canadian teams (especially Edmonton) and focus on mostly Canadian players is embarrassing. In their world, Russian and Swedish players are merely an afterthought and American players, unless they play for a Canadian team, are barely mentioned.

I like Boomer Gordon, for example, but statements like "Connor McDavid is the most exciting player I've ever seen" is strange. If he just starting watching hockey last year, I would possibly understand. Boomer, however, is one of the best hockey analysts around. I would like to remind him that there once was a player named Mario ... but I guess he didn't play for Edmonton. :sarcasm:

Then again, Malkin is not considered one of the 100 best of all time and Phil Kessel is just an out-of-shape American who was run out of Toronto.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I enjoy listening to the NHLNetwork on SiriusXM. Sometimes, however, I think their favoritism for Canadian teams (especially Edmonton) and focus on mostly Canadian players is embarrassing. In their world, Russian and Swede players are merely an afterthought and American players, unless they play for a Canadian team, are barely mentioned.

I like Boomer Gordon, for example, but statements like "Connor McDavid is the best player I've ever seen" is strange. If he just starting watching hockey last year, I would possibly understand. Boomer, however, is one of the best hockey analysts around. I would like to remind him that there once was a player named Mario ... but I guess he didn't play for Edmonton. :sarcasm:

Then again, Malkin is not considered one of the 100 best of all time and Phil Kessel is just an out-of-shape American.
It's funny, I've always felt like they actively avoid discussing Canadian teams on there. They'll always mention Toronto, but I think that's because they're in Toronto.

Boomer is awesome. I wish they had more call in shows on there, but overall it's fine. As soon as 4:00 comes around and they start broadcasting some crap game like Detroit/Columbus I need something else.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Boomer is awesome. I wish they had more call in shows on there, but overall it's fine. As soon as 4:00 comes around and they start broadcasting some crap game like Detroit/Columbus I need something else.

Too funny. I started listening to the home Columbus radio broadcast of the game. I switched over to the away Detroit broadcast so I could hear Wings color analyst Paul Woods, possibly the best in the league. He always shares his insights about players and strategies. During tonight's game, for example, he discussed the evolution of goalies' playing the puck.

Woods also had a lot of nice things to say about the Knights play during the Wings-Knights game.

I admit I have no life, however. I have listened at least once to all the different (English) radio and most of the TV broadcast teams in the league. I was going to write a review of my findings last year, but I am getting too lazy. Plus, I don't want to offend any fan base. :laugh:

I haven't listened to any of the games broadcast in Spanish, yet. But I should. They sound like fun. I don't speak any French so the French Montreal broadcasts are out of the question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
There's also Vegas Hockey Hotline, Noon-2 pm, KSHP 1400 AM, with Brian Blessing, but I've not listened to it much as my AM reception is too yucky.

Listen to KSHP on TuneIn

Many/most radio stations are listenable online via computer, or even cellphone app.

I also have a podcast app on my phone and download a number of hockey podcasts (while on home wifi) and can listen when/where ever. Rubber Boots podcast with Darren Dreger is weekly. The Bobcast with Bob-father Mackenzie kinda weekly.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad