What do you drive?

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Just got myself a 2019 dodge challenger awd. This thing plows through snow like its nothing and looks badass doing it. I'm ecstatic now that the local Mazda dealership acted like total tools when I was looking to buy one of their awd ****boxes, forcing me to "settle" for the awd challenger.

I'm glad everything worked out for you on this one. I never understood though how people can walk into a dealership either not knowing what they want, or be pressured into buying something other than they came for. You don't have to buy a car that day... if they were total tools, why didn't you just walk out and live another day?

The couple cars i have bought from dealers, they've always been shocked that I walk in and ask for a test drive, then buy it (or dont) within 10 minutes of that drive. There's no fuss because i know what i want. I don't understand why everyone who walks in wouldn't take some sort of stance.

Blindly walking into a dealership is just going to push you to whatever they want to sell. Maybe a model that's sat for a while. Maybe a model that they get more commission or a better cut of. They don't do that shit out of the goodness of their heart.

Did you ultimately just not really care what you drove?

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Should open your eyes. Lots of these out there. Too bad the Tahoe/yukon doesnt get this treatment

The entire GMC lineup will by 2021 models. Most are out now. The only one that won't be available in the AT4 (Previously All Terrain) is the Savanna Van. Here's the Yukon

I've been researching trucks a lot lately ha. Really like the new Canyon AT4 and Colorado ZR2 coming out this Spring. Also like the Sierra AT4, but not sure I need that much truck.

I have a '12 Eco Cruze now ( yawn, but 40-50 mpg for me on average so it's hard to complain), that I bought new in '11. Getting tired of it.

Just got the wife a new (19) Subaru Outback. That thing really rips in the snow, it's great, and the mpg are pretty good too. Solid car, would recommend.

Last edited:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
The entire GMC lineup will by 2021 models. Most are out now. The only one that won't be available in the AT4 (Previously All Terrain) is the Savanna Van. Here's the Yukon

I've been researching trucks a lot lately ha. Really like the new Canyon AT4 and Colorado ZR2 coming out this Spring. Also like the Sierra AT4, but not sure I need that much truck.

I have a '12 Eco Cruze now ( yawn, but 40-50 mpg for me on average so it's hard to complain), that I bought new in '11. Getting tired of it.

Just got the wife a new (19) Subaru Outback. That thing really rips in the snow, it's great, and the mpg are pretty good too. Solid car, would recommend.
Im sorry, Im just not sure how my quote is relevant. Its just been too long to remember

But your link was nice to see. The cabin area seems really fit for today, and I really appreciate that. But for guys like me, the Tahoe/Yukon series has really gone downhill since '06. It just doesnt look like a truck anymore

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
I'm glad everything worked out for you on this one. I never understood though how people can walk into a dealership either not knowing what they want, or be pressured into buying something other than they came for. You don't have to buy a car that day... if they were total tools, why didn't you just walk out and live another day?

The couple cars i have bought from dealers, they've always been shocked that I walk in and ask for a test drive, then buy it (or dont) within 10 minutes of that drive. There's no fuss because i know what i want. I don't understand why everyone who walks in wouldn't take some sort of stance.

Blindly walking into a dealership is just going to push you to whatever they want to sell. Maybe a model that's sat for a while. Maybe a model that they get more commission or a better cut of. They don't do that **** out of the goodness of their heart.

Did you ultimately just not really care what you drove?
I'm not sure you're following what happened, I'll explain in better detail: I wanted to get awd in my next car to better deal with the snow after driving a rwd car in the snow for so many years. I looked around at various awd options and ultimately decided that I liked the mazda 3. I signed up for some mazda event that would allow me to test drive it on a race track, I was reading and watching everything I could to learn more about it. I was fully prepared to go in for my test drive and place my order if it met my expectations upon driving it, however when I set up the test drive the people at Mazda treated me like total jerks, and acted like dropping 40 grand on one of their cars was some sort of privilege.

I asked the guy if there was something he could do to hook me up with an employee discount despite not being a Mazda employee (something the Chryler dealer had no problem doing for the two chrysler's I've purchased prior) and this clown said he was forwarding my information to dealer security to ensure i would not be able to get an employee discount at any Mazda dealership, and then lectured me about how I shouldn't have asked for the employee discount. It seemed like an unusual step to take when I was geared up to buy their stupid car, making me feel like a criminal for asking something that other dealers have done for me in the past. Because they treated me this way I soured on the Mazda and ended up looking at other options, finally deciding to pay a bit more for an awd challenger. This is why I say I "settled" for the challenger, in reality its not really settling it should have been my first choice all along, but it was a few bucks more.

Incidentally, i got the employee discount on my challenger because apparently chrysler is interested in selling cars while mazda seems more interested in sniffing their own farts. I'm not sure where you got the impression I didn't care about what I drove, that's not the case at all.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'm not sure you're following what happened, I'll explain in better detail: I wanted to get awd in my next car to better deal with the snow after driving a rwd car in the snow for so many years. I looked around at various awd options and ultimately decided that I liked the mazda 3. I signed up for some mazda event that would allow me to test drive it on a race track, I was reading and watching everything I could to learn more about it. I was fully prepared to go in for my test drive and place my order if it met my expectations upon driving it, however when I set up the test drive the people at Mazda treated me like total jerks, and acted like dropping 40 grand on one of their cars was some sort of privilege.

I asked the guy if there was something he could do to hook me up with an employee discount despite not being a Mazda employee (something the Chryler dealer had no problem doing for the two chrysler's I've purchased prior) and this clown said he was forwarding my information to dealer security to ensure i would not be able to get an employee discount at any Mazda dealership, and then lectured me about how I shouldn't have asked for the employee discount. It seemed like an unusual step to take when I was geared up to buy their stupid car, making me feel like a criminal for asking something that other dealers have done for me in the past. Because they treated me this way I soured on the Mazda and ended up looking at other options, finally deciding to pay a bit more for an awd challenger. This is why I say I "settled" for the challenger, in reality its not really settling it should have been my first choice all along, but it was a few bucks more.

Incidentally, i got the employee discount on my challenger because apparently chrysler is interested in selling cars while mazda seems more interested in sniffing their own farts. I'm not sure where you got the impression I didn't care about what I drove, that's not the case at all.

Enjoy the car! I always wanted a Challenger. I had a 08 and I think a 2011 charger and absolutely loved what they have done with these vehicles. Due to family size had to step into the last two F150s.

Mazda's are not too shabby, sounds like you just had a bad experience. I would take the challenger over a MZ3 every day of the week.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Enjoy the car! I always wanted a Challenger. I had a 08 and I think a 2011 charger and absolutely loved what they have done with these vehicles. Due to family size had to step into the last two F150s.

Mazda's are not too shabby, sounds like you just had a bad experience. I would take the challenger over a MZ3 every day of the week.
I love my Challenger, absolute horse on the road too. They're so big and heavy that you don't really notice how shitty some roads are. A lot of people don't like how heavy they are, but where I live, and the amount of snow and ice we get, having a RWD car like a Challenger isn't bad at all. I have a 2018 RT that i ordered from the factory. Words cannot describe how much I enjoy driving it these days. I love the red alcantara seats.

The AWD Challenger I actually never had the chance to drive. I was always curious to how it performed. I heard they're really good. Again, helps that they're absolute tanks, too.

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
2019 RAM 3500 Limited Megacab...other then the rough ride unloaded (it is a 1 ton!) nothing but heaps of praise for this truck.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
I recently bought a used 2019 Hyundai Elantra with 24000 km on it. I traded in my 2013 Buick Verano for it. It was an absolute headache (engine was burning oil very quickly and made a loud ticking sound, which is apparently an active issue for Veranos). Whoever's buying this car is in for a terrible time, lol.

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
2019 RAM 3500 Limited Megacab...other then the rough ride unloaded (it is a 1 ton!) nothing but heaps of praise for this truck.

My dad has a '17 (maybe '16) Megacab Dually, it pulls their 37 foot camper like it's nothing and the dual wheels are nice on the local mountain roads, feels incredibly stable no matter what the trailer is doing.

But yeah, the ride is so terrible when you're just farting around town. He actually bought a 340k mile, 1996 F250 Powerstroke to use as a "comfortable" daily driver last year.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
My dad has a '17 (maybe '16) Megacab Dually, it pulls their 37 foot camper like it's nothing and the dual wheels are nice on the local mountain roads, feels incredibly stable no matter what the trailer is doing.

But yeah, the ride is so terrible when you're just farting around town. He actually bought a 340k mile, 1996 F250 Powerstroke to use as a "comfortable" daily driver last year.

What psi is he running on the tires? Are they "E" rated?

This also applies to @snag

snag

Feb 22, 2014
What psi is he running on the tires? Are they "E" rated?

This also applies to @snag

Still OEM tires filled to spec. Have the air ride.... But those are just for load otherwise still riding steel.

Not bad as a normal HD but like I said.... Noting like my 16 ram with 4 corner air that nearly rode like a car

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
2010 Mazda 3 sport. Got all the options for the year, kinda crazy its 10 years old - doesn't feel like it.

I do like having the 6 disc changer (aswell as BT) instead of a laptop screen in my car. Perfect mix of new & old for me RN.

Also got a 97 f150. 5 speed V8 4x4. Been tough as nails, love my old truck.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
2010 Mazda 3 sport. Got all the options for the year, kinda crazy its 10 years old - doesn't feel like it.

I do like having the 6 disc changer (aswell as BT) instead of a laptop screen in my car. Perfect mix of new & old for me RN.

Also got a 97 f150. 5 speed V8 4x4. Been tough as nails, love my old truck.

Just got a 2016 Mazda 3 Sport about 2 weeks ago after my 2002 Altima finally gave up on life. It has BT, which I've always wanted, but no CD, which I'll miss. Only thing I wish I could add would be Apple Car Play, which I guess I could do with a new module if I really wanted to.

The Mazda is fun to drive and rides nicely, and I'm no car guy. Only thing I kind of dislike is that it can be difficult to see out of the back if I look over my shoulder, but, fortunately, the mirrors are good, and there's the backup camera.

Enjoying the 25-40 mpg, for sure, which is way more than my 02 Altima (18.6 mpg).

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
2003 Grand Am but just got a nice deal on a used 2013 Buick. Engine is making a bit of a funny sound, hopefully, it's nothing

I recently bought a used 2019 Hyundai Elantra with 24000 km on it. I traded in my 2013 Buick Verano for it. It was an absolute headache (engine was burning oil very quickly and made a loud ticking sound, which is apparently an active issue for Veranos). Whoever's buying this car is in for a terrible time, lol.

Um...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just bought a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X :yo:

1C4RJFBG9LC103728_01.jpg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Traded my rig in on a 2020 RAM 1500 Warlock. Upgraded the rubber immediately and added a tonneau cover. Very nice truck, I'm happy with it for sure.

member 157595

Traded my rig in on a 2020 RAM 1500 Warlock. Upgraded the rubber immediately and added a tonneau cover. Very nice truck, I'm happy with it for sure.

I know someone that bought a 2020 Ram 1500 and he absolutely LOVES that truck. Doesn't anyone even look at it. :laugh:

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->