What do you drive?

member 157595

2013 VW Golf wagon TDI, Wolfsburg edition - with 6 speed manual. Fun, practical and reliable. Just an amazing vehicle.

Wife has an '08 VW Eos, that we just got for her.

I'm a VW guy, and going to post all the VW's I've owned in the other thread....think I'm up to 22?

Any thoughts on a Golf R v.s. GTI?

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
I have a 93 dodge W-250, diesel.

DD is a 2017 Civic SI, sedan.

Attachments

• AFD27966-A0DC-434E-BD15-06608F62F371.jpeg
    AFD27966-A0DC-434E-BD15-06608F62F371.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 7

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid.

Its just incredible on gas. I drove from Toronto to Blue Mountains, back to Toronto, then to Pickering, then up to Vaughan and I still had half a tank left. I'll only ever drive hybrids now, once you experience fuel savings like that its difficult to go back, got my eyes on a new Camry Hybrid sometime in the 2020's.

Kleefeld

Feb 21, 2018
2008 VW Polo 1.2.
I inherited it but hardly ever drive it though, it's unpractical in the city.

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
After crawling around under my '05 4Runner some of the holidays, I realized the frame on it was much, much worse than I imagined. Ended up swapping it out for a 2020 Rav4 Hybrid today. Figure I need something super reliable and fuel efficient to offset the M5s utter unpredictability and insatiable thirst for premium unleaded.

eEAyX72.jpg

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
After crawling around under my '05 4Runner some of the holidays, I realized the frame on it was much, much worse than I imagined. Ended up swapping it out for a 2020 Rav4 Hybrid today. Figure I need something super reliable and fuel efficient to offset the M5s utter unpredictability and insatiable thirst for premium unleaded.

eEAyX72.jpg

What are your thoughts so far?

I just help my mom pick one out on Saturday, as she was in an accident and her vehicle was wrote off.

She previously had a Ford Escape, and I thought she should give the RAV4 a try. She picks hers up later this week.

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
What are your thoughts so far?

I just help my mom pick one out on Saturday, as she was in an accident and her vehicle was wrote off.

She previously had a Ford Escape, and I thought she should give the RAV4 a try. She picks hers up later this week.

I'm only about 150 miles into ownership so far, but everything is as expected. Comfortable, easy to drive, easy to live with little commuter. I should get to see how it handles a few inches of snow in the morning, should be interesting with the new AWD system they fitted to the Hybrids.

I will say this, there's A LOT of tech going on at once, and I could see it being overwhelming for someone who's not tech savvy or willing to learn about the car. All of Toyota's Safety Sense stuff is really neat once you figure out how to use it and how to predict what it's going to do. Until then it can seem like a nuisance.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid.

Its just incredible on gas. I drove from Toronto to Blue Mountains, back to Toronto, then to Pickering, then up to Vaughan and I still had half a tank left. I'll only ever drive hybrids now, once you experience fuel savings like that its difficult to go back, got my eyes on a new Camry Hybrid sometime in the 2020's.
Right up until you have to replace the hybrid battery, you mean?

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Right up until you have to replace the hybrid battery, you mean?

Meh I don't see how that's an issue, with the money spent on replacing the hybrid battery it still works out to spending less than I would if I were driving a non hybrid vehicle with all the frequent gas station fill ups, also my father is a mechanic and has always been able to get me items much cheaper than the average person so I'm thankful for that.

Reactions: RichWVU and JMCx4

member 157595

Subaru WRX, very poorly because the clutch bite point is freaking vague I'm better at it now and love this freaking thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Question for all you convertible owners: Do you prefer a soft top or a hard top roof?
Personally, I can't stand the look of the soft top on any vehicle. I had a Mercedes SLK and one of the main features for me was the retractable hard top. Just one man's opinion.

My Best-Carey

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Just bought a '16 Golf GTI SE (manual) this week.

Living in Chicago and working downtown the gf and I don't regularly need a car, but with renting a car for probably a months-worth of time each year it made sense financially to just buy and have one for whenever we may need it. Liked it for the hatchback-level cargo space, and being generally fun to drive while still getting good MPG for the power it's got.

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

Just bought a '16 Golf GTI SE (manual) this week.

Living in Chicago and working downtown the gf and I don't regularly need a car, but with renting a car for probably a months-worth of time each year it made sense financially to just buy and have one for whenever we may need it. Liked it for the hatchback-level cargo space, and being generally fun to drive while still getting good MPG for the power it's got.

Nice! Love that car, I was debating between one of those or a Golf R once I turn in my WRX. I think the Golf R is out of my price range but I like the AWD and extra space. Definitely want manual in either car.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
i found this f***ing thing and want it badly.

2005 Subaru Outback Turbo - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

my fav subaru body style. i prefer the legacy GT obviously, but they're hard to find in manual. This thing is lowered already and is just awesome. I don't even care about the excessive mileage. I may inquire.

I really hate vague lazy ads though. take 15 minutes and write some shit out about the car so we don't have to have some stupid back and forth on basic q's. Otherwise, do want.

member 157595

i found this ****ing thing and want it badly.

2005 Subaru Outback Turbo - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

my fav subaru body style. i prefer the legacy GT obviously, but they're hard to find in manual. This thing is lowered already and is just awesome. I don't even care about the excessive mileage. I may inquire.

I really hate vague lazy ads though. take 15 minutes and write some **** out about the car so we don't have to have some stupid back and forth on basic q's. Otherwise, do want.

Even despite the mileage that's not really a bad price. My wife and I just turned in a 2002 Forester that the previous owner drove from Aurora, CO to Weston, MA; we bought it from them for I think $2600. It only had 85K miles on it despite its age. Loved that car, a beast in the winter. We recently sold it for $2700.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Just got myself a 2019 dodge challenger awd. This thing plows through snow like its nothing and looks badass doing it. I'm ecstatic now that the local Mazda dealership acted like total tools when I was looking to buy one of their awd shitboxes, forcing me to "settle" for the awd challenger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad