What do you drive?

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
2018 Dodge Power Wagon and wife drives a 2015 Mercedes e400. Sold my 2013 Wrangler for something a little more comfortable. Funny thing is the gas mileage is no different between the new truck and old jeep which weighs 1000's of lbs less so ya...they both suck on gas mileage.

Attachments

• power wagon.jpg
    power wagon.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 12

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm test driving a 2019 Porsche Cayman next week. Anyone ever drive one? Im considering trading in my 2018 Challenger R/T, but might hold off another year.

Prairie Oyster

Feb 24, 2015
Currently have a 2012 Volvo s60 t6 R-Design. Safe, comfortable car. Possibly best seats I've sat in, overall I'm quite happy with the vehicle.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I drive a 2015 VW GTI that I maintenance and modify myself.

Since being delivered in April 2016 (I ordered it my way and took a few months to arrive) it has almost 100K miles on it now. It's been a super fun car to drive and only one major issue has arisen that I couldn't handle myself; a busted valve spring.

rJ0jSUj.jpg

Reactions: StanGetz and rynryn

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I'm test driving a 2019 Porsche Cayman next week. Anyone ever drive one? Im considering trading in my 2018 Challenger R/T, but might hold off another year.

I have a 15 Cayman (pre-718). It's such a different car than an American muscle car. It's made for handling. Great car to take on a windy mountain/hilly road. Not as much straight line speed as you might expect from the price point but it's got plenty for me.

I drive a 2015 VW GTI that I maintenance and modify myself.

Since being delivered in April 2016 (I ordered it my way and took a few months to arrive) it has almost 100K miles on it now. It's been a super fun car to drive and only one major issue has arisen that I couldn't handle myself; a busted valve spring.

That's a long time for a '15 to be delivered. My partner has a '16 GTI and she had it delivered in very early 2016. Manufacturing date was like August 2015.

Our only problems with it have been the occasional need to recalibrate the sensors, and the turbo blowing this summer (but it's warranty so who cares).

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have a 15 Cayman (pre-718). It's such a different car than an American muscle car. It's made for handling. Great car to take on a windy mountain/hilly road. Not as much straight line speed as you might expect from the price point but it's got plenty for me.

That's a long time for a '15 to be delivered. My partner has a '16 GTI and she had it delivered in very early 2016. Manufacturing date was like August 2015.

Our only problems with it have been the occasional need to recalibrate the sensors, and the turbo blowing this summer (but it's warranty so who cares).
Nice, thanks. I took it for a drive and loved it... Just not quite ready to pull the trigger. I can see it in my driveway next summer i think, though. I was immediately curious about it when they came up a few years ago (Porsche likes to winter test their vehicles in the arctic) - Loved the way the Cayman looked to handle the snow and ice, actually. They had the Cayman, Macan, Panamera and Boxster.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

2015 was the first year of Mk 7 (in the US), and for whatever reason VW did not produce cars with the Performance Pack option until the end of the model year run.
That option included the bigger brakes and that sweet torque-vectoring differential which were super important to me so I felt the wait was worth it.
Aside from that, I specified a 2-dr, manual trans, SE trim level, HID's and it had to be silver. They basically had to build it from scratch for me. :laugh:

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
2013 SRT8 Challenger. 2017 VW GLI both are fun and enjoyable rides. Both 6spd manual

Attachments

• 20190831_093657.jpg
    20190831_093657.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 6

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I almost bought an old Merc 100 2nd gen last summer. Had like 40k on it cause it was an army vehicle at the Trenton air base. Was an auto though so I passed on it.

Nice old trucks !......got a Ford -1oo in the family fleet ...she's a 302 with a 3 manual speed trans ..shift right on the steering column, the old "3 on the tree " ...shift up for Reverse ..1 st gear down ..2nd gear up ..3rd gear down

Have ya ever driven a "3 on the tree" DD?

Also ,I got a old a 1990's Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel that i really like ...they don't make'em like that anymore....the old girl likes to rumble , ya can hear it coming from a long ways away..lol

Reactions: DangerDave

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Nice old trucks !......got a Ford -1oo in the family fleet ...she's a 302 with a 3 manual speed trans ..shift right on the steering column, the old "3 on the tree " ... shift up for reverse, shift
got a F-100 in the family 302 engine with a 3 speed manual trans..she's a "3 on tree" . Reverse up ..1 st gear down ..2nd gear up ..3rd gear down

Also ,I got a old a 1990's Dodge Ram Cummins diesel that i really like ...they don't make'em like that anymore....the old girl likes to rumble , ya can hear he coming from a long ways away..lol
I learned to drive on a three on the tree. Chevy van, flat nose. 283 cu.in. Could hit 65 mph in second. I remember crawling under to un-jam the damn shift rods if I wasn't careful going from 1st to 2nd. :laugh:

Reactions: Habaneros

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Nice old trucks !......got a Ford -1oo in the family fleet ...she's a 302 with a 3 manual speed trans ..shift right on the steering column, the old "3 on the tree " ...shift up for Reverse ..1 st gear down ..2nd gear up ..3rd gear down

Also ,I got a old a 1990's Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel that i really like ...they don't make'em like that anymore....the old girl likes to rumble , ya can hear it coming from a long ways away..lol
Nope I never have. They look pretty fun. It's really frustrating that trucks, and most cars for that matter, don't come with a standard transmission. I love driving but I just don't feel quite as engaged in an automatic

Yeah those old Cummins rams are beasts. Can't kill em. Even my old 03 6.0 power stroke has been the definition of reliable. I've had to replace the alternator and starter motor and thats about it. You're right, they don't make em like they used to.

Reactions: Habaneros

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
2013 VW Golf wagon TDI, Wolfsburg edition - with 6 speed manual. Fun, practical and reliable. Just an amazing vehicle.

Wife has an '08 VW Eos, that we just got for her.

I'm a VW guy, and going to post all the VW's I've owned in the other thread....think I'm up to 22?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad