What do you drive?

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The Avalon is more of a luxury vehicle but Toyota has Lexus for their luxury line so it makes sense that the Avalon gets overlooked a bit. I haven't driven an Avalon yet, but the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven was a Lexus LS series and, with the way car manufacturers do things, I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota incorporated some of that sweet LS tech into the Avalon at a more affordable price.
The Avalon shares a lot of parts with the Lexus ES and LS. I drove a 2005 Avalon when it was fairly new and really loved it. It drove so smoothly. I don't like the newer ones styling very much. It's a poor mans Lexus.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Mazda all the way.
I settled on a used 2015 Elantra GLS. It was too good of an offer: the previous owner was a 74 year old grandma who barely drove it, paid for winter tires and rims, warranty, rustproofing, tire storage, etc.

I had to pull the trigger on that one haha

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I settled on a used 2015 Elantra GLS. It was too good of an offer: the previous owner was a 74 year old grandma who barely drove it, paid for winter tires and rims, warranty, rustproofing, tire storage, etc.

I had to pull the trigger on that one haha
Congratulations and good luck!

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
Currently:
18 Audi S5 sportback
14 Jeep Wrangler
12 VW GTI

I've owned a lot of vehicles over the past ~20 years, but my favorites were an 08 Lexus IS-F & 02 Acura RSX-S. I regret getting rid of the IS-F pretty much every day.

Reactions: RichWVU

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
I've owned a lot of vehicles over the past ~20 years, but my favorites were an 08 Lexus IS-F & 02 Acura RSX-S. I regret getting rid of the IS-F pretty much every day.

I looked at IS-Fs pretty hard when I was shopping for my M5, great sounding cars.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Mazda Protege 2003. Still going strong and starts no problem down to -25 C.
Changing nest spring though cause the rust is taking it over. :laugh:

Love the new Mazda 3 with Skyactiv X. Diesel compression in a gas engine.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Again, we got caught up with time. In two months it's time to sell the current car and find a new one.

We've been thinking of getting a smaller car this time (it's only two person household). Our current one is BMW 3-series GT.

Last two cars have been BMW but now we're playing with the idea of going with Audi or Mercedes. There's nothing stopping us from going outside of the "German premium", but it's easier to find a car when you narrow the manufacturers down a bit.

At this point, the top contenders are Audi S3, Mercedes A 250 or going back to BMW 4-series Coupe. BMW is by and far the best looking one of the bunch but it's also going to be the highest price tagged.

Anyone here have any suggestions to what kind of cars to bring in to the equation outside of the "big 3" or some other models from the mentioned manufactorers?

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
At this point, the top contenders are Audi S3, Mercedes A 250 or going back to BMW 4-series Coupe. BMW is by and far the best looking one of the bunch but it's also going to be the highest price tagged.

Anyone here have any suggestions to what kind of cars to bring in to the equation outside of the "big 3" or some other models from the mentioned manufactorers?

I feel like they're all so similar at this point (turbo 4-cyl, ZF automatic, AWD) that it's really a matter of personal preference. Unless you're looking at going for one of the big boy models, 440i, AMG, etc.

Though if you're ok with the size of the S3, but like the look of the BMW 4-series the best, you should definitely look at the 2-series as well. Has basically the same dimensions and interior space of the little Audi, and runs some $6-8k cheaper than the 4-series, by MSRP at least.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Currently:
18 Audi S5 sportback
14 Jeep Wrangler
12 VW GTI

I had that RSX-S as well! I still miss that car. Did yours give a slight grind shifting in second gear too? Sportback is a great looking car.

Now I have a Subaru 2018 Outback 3.6R. Love it for road trips and all my up north trips.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
I had that RSX-S as well! I still miss that car. Did yours give a slight grind shifting in second gear too? Sportback is a great looking car.

Now I have a Subaru 2018 Outback 3.6R. Love it for road trips and all my up north trips.
Mine did not that I can remember, but I recall that being a common complaint. Along with some oil consumption and wheel hop.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
A 2007 Mazda Miata MX-5. I call her 'Lucinda', after Lucinda Williams, 'cause she has a deep throaty whisky voice and loves to be ridden hard and fast.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Challenger is handling these -40 temperatures just fine. Forgot how fun RWD is in the winter, haha.

I do miss the RWD in the winter. AWD with snows though I can take off much quicker but just not as much fun when you can't throw it around. :(

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I am currently driving and texting with voice-to-text from a Honda 1998 Accord LX that has been reliable as heck from the day I first drove it which was just 3 years ago and all I have had to do was get the breaks repaired and new spark plugs which fell under routine type of maintenance as far as the mechanic at the dealership told me because it's literally just a little older than I myselve is.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
2000 Toyota Corolla. Rust is starting to take over though, will be getting a new car either later on this year or next.

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
Wishing I had bought a MKIV Supra a few years ago though

No doubt. I was looking at driver quality 68-69 911s in 09/2010 for $12-15K, but ended up making the "smart" choice and bought a new Golf TDI to replace my MkIV instead.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
B264D499-C67E-4416-8D4A-1F5C518FB137.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad