What do you do if the Fins get the first overall, via Houston?

What would you do?

• Total voters

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
1. Trade Tua, and draft Lawrence
2. Trade the pick for a ridiculous sum
3. Keep Tua, draft Lawrence, and let them battle it out

Obviously there is lots of football left, but Houston is a Watson injury away from being REAL bad. With Miami owning their first and second in the draft, they would have unlimited options as far as adding pretty much whoever they want, and who is available. That’s why I think it’s imperative that they start playing Tua soon, so they know what they have in him, and if there are any concerns with his health. If I were the GM, I’d probably pick Lawrence, and move Tua to a team like Jacksonville, for their first rounder+.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It won't even be close to 1st overall. The Texans will win 5 or 6 games now that their schedule has eased up. The pick probably ends up around 8-12.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It won't even be close to 1st overall. The Texans will win 5 or 6 games now that their schedule has eased up. The pick probably ends up around 8-12.
Agreed. Texans won today so ahead of giants, Jets, Falcons. Figure they still get to 5/6 wins. Pick likely in the 8-12 range though.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
If Miami trades the pick and Tua doesn't pan out at least they will get a haul.
I'm sure fans would prefer option 3. Just like the Darnold situation. You could always trade Tua away afterward. The last time something like this happened was the Cowboys with Aikman and Walsh.
Those days are long gone.
Number 3 isn't an option either is drafting Lawrence just to deal Tua. It would be a pretty ballsy move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad