Speculation: What do the Bruins do now?

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
is hoffman married to that accused crazy cyber stalker? seriously i dont know if the bruins locker room needs any drama let alone the franchise. sound funny but i would be wary of hoffman.

Reactions: Hookslide

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
is hoffman married to that accused crazy cyber stalker? seriously i dont know if the bruins locker room needs any drama let alone the franchise. sound funny but i would be wary of hoffman.
If any locker room can straighten out some bad baggage on a player it's the Bruins group..

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The problem right now is that it appears there is no clear strategy. Bruins should either be spending to the cap in an effort to take one last run with the old core, or they should be selling veterans and accelerating the re-tool around the new core (Pasta, DeBrusk, McAvoy, Carlo). Instead, so far we have lost a high end talent and signed a less talented older player. Right now the only move remaining that is consistent with an actual plan is to sign Hoffman and make a final push.

But there has been a clear strategy... they have been offering these UFAs short term deals at very team friendly terms. They are trying to take advantage of the last couple years of Bergeron and of Marchand’s prime by getting guys on COVID discounts.

member 96824

If any locker room can straighten out some bad baggage on a player it's the Bruins group..

Absolutely 100% not true. Our locker room has never been able to straighten out "bad baggage" the team just ships them out, if you believe the media "leaks".

Bruins would look much better right now with Dougie Hamilton, Tyler Seguin, and Reilly Smith wouldn't they?

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
It was all he said she said. Nothing was ever proven between his wife and EK’s afaik. I’ve even heard rumours that EK’s wife was actually the one stirring the pot, but again. All he said she said.

I think if Hoffman’s wife was actually that malicious there would have been some more drama surrounding him in Florida.

He would be a great add for any team if it’s the right price.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

he and his wife have been great in Florida: no drama or anything. So Florida had straightener him out ;) I think the question for Hoffman is more media

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It was all he said she said. Nothing was ever proven between his wife and EK’s afaik. I’ve even heard rumours that EK’s wife was actually the one stirring the pot, but again. All he said she said.

I think if Hoffman’s wife was actually that malicious there would have been some more drama surrounding him in Florida.

As a Florida fan it is a bit easier here: Barky is married to his PlayStation and I’m pretty sure no one is bad sh@t crazy enough to harass a PlayStation ;)

Reactions: Pietrangelo

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
As a Florida fan it is a bit easier here: Barky is married to his PlayStation and I’m pretty sure no one is bad sh@t crazy enough to harass a PlayStation ;)
You mean you haven’t hear what his PlayStation said about Hoffman’s wife? How are you so out of the loop? :p

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

This team traded Seguin cuz there were rumors he was banging Hortons wife. So I feel they would and should stay away from Hoffman

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Did they get married? Last I read, albeit a few years ago, it was just his gf at the time.

Absolutely 100% not true. Our locker room has never been able to straighten out "bad baggage" the team just ships them out, if you believe the media "leaks".

Bruins would look much better right now with Dougie Hamilton, Tyler Seguin, and Reilly Smith wouldn't they?
Lockeroom, leadership on the Bruins is great, but overrated in my opinion. A lot of great guys, but there seems to be a bit of a disconnect when it comes to guys that may march to their own drum, or whatever saying you'd like to insert here.

I personally think Hoffman's a great short term solution to a team that heavily needs SOMETHING without giving up assets to acquire it. The core is probably already past it's peak, but if they want to survive another day, something needs to be added. Much rather do this, than inevitably give up picks/prospects for a lesser version at the deadline.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
The issue with the Sweeney promising changes the fans think it must come from outside. As of now only Smith signed as free agent meets that expectation. I believe the Bruins will still make a trade for a veteran dman under the age of 30 as an example Leddy from NYI who have cap issues or a straight hockey trade with Calgary for Hannifan. But even with out a trade you will have several of their high picks that have been maturing in Providence and now are ready to play in NHL. Zboril and Lauzon on defense and Frederick, Studnicka and Senyshyn as forwards could potentially all make the team, maybe not big names but were drafted because they fit the mold the Bruins want - they are all big, excellent skaters and have a little physicality. This means they could have 6 or 7 new bodies on a 23 man roster approximately 25% turnover . That is major changes to a team that just won the Presidents Trophy.

Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Bjork - Coyle - Kase
Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner
Lindholm

Gryzleck- McAvoy
XX - Carlo
Moore - Clifton
Miller

I put the lineup here because it shows that without Sweeney shipping off veterans there’s really no room for Studnicka, Frederic or Senyshyn at forward, and only room for one of Lauzon, Zboril or Vaakanainen unless you make 2 Dmen healthy scratches on a regular basis, ship a Dman out, and are willing to play Dmen on their off-hand

unfortunately the complete lack of moves on Sweeney’s part is a combination of him being handcuffed by the NHL contracts he has on the books and the lack of trades made when teams had more uncertainty as pertaining to their rosters

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Offer sheet Sergachev, solves the top left dee situation, Mac and Serge are the top 2 pair in the East for a decade.

Idunkmyoreos

Sep 28, 2017
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Bjork - Coyle - Kase
Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner
Lindholm

Gryzleck- McAvoy
XX - Carlo
Moore - Clifton
Miller

I put the lineup here because it shows that without Sweeney shipping off veterans there’s really no room for Studnicka, Frederic or Senyshyn at forward, and only room for one of Lauzon, Zboril or Vaakanainen unless you make 2 Dmen healthy scratches on a regular basis, ship a Dman out, and are willing to play Dmen on their off-hand

unfortunately the complete lack of moves on Sweeney’s part is a combination of him being handcuffed by the NHL contracts he has on the books and the lack of trades made when teams had more uncertainty as pertaining to their rosters

I understand your point, however, I see no impact on the team by replacing Ritchie and Wagner (by minor trades or buyout) with Frederick and Senyshyn as it is the fourth "energy" line. Ritchie and Wager are nothing special they are jags. Having attended several PBruin games and seeing them in person they are big bodies, good skaters and compete hard. Zboril is also NHL ready and they have a spot next to Carlo. A common gripe on the Bruins board is to play the kids and see what they can do or to trade them. Well here is the chance.

There is probably no room for Studnicka and Vaakanainen so they probably start in Providence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
my guess is Hoffman 5.5x1 and chara comes back

terrible offseason any way you slice is for the bruins. were they even in on schmidt because that woulda turned everything around and for dirt cheap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad