What did you think of the NHL setting up that green room for certain players

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tonight we saw how the NHL had that green room setup where only a certain number of players and their families are waiting there before getting selected. Personally I thought it was weird how the other players selected were in the stands with their families like we have seen every other year, so when Klim Kostin was the last player left in the green room and selected with the final pick of the 1st round no less, it reminded me of when Aaron Rodgers was drafted into the NFL.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Didn't mind it but the guys put in there should have been based on a particular ranking service. No way Kostin should have been in there, and it would have been embarrassing if he was in there among the 8 guys and didn't even get picked on day 1. He would have been mortified.

CK17

May 13, 2007
Seemed rather unnecessary. Whoever picked the 8 players should be fired, how they could not have any of #3-5 picks and yet have the #31 is mind boggling.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seemed rather unnecessary. Whoever picked the 8 players should be fired, how they could not have any of #3-5 picks and yet have the #31 is mind boggling.

Especially since Heiskanen and Makar weren't off the board picks but pretty much expected to be picked at #3 and #4.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
It's fine, ultimate irrelevant for anything more than some decent clips for video packages vs them awkwardly shuffling across a row of seats and walking all the way up to the stage. The NFL has had some touching moments because of the better access. Not saying the NHL can't now, but it wouldn't hurt

But they should really make sure they don't leave anyone else out to hang. Guys slipping can be rough ala Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers, or even straight up not getting picked like Geno Smith. So keep the choices safe.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
If I was Nico or Nolan, I would sit in the Green Room. If I was anybody else and they asked me to sit in the Green Room, I would ask what are the serving and how much are they paying me. If I don't like the answer, I'm sitting in the stands.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't care. I only care about how the kids feel about it. It adds nothing to my experience.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Perhaps they invite the top x prospects and they choose to say yes or not.

Not everything is some horrible decision by the NHL or Bettman.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
kessellallstar.jpeg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
It added nothing to the broadcast and served only as a source of embarassment. Whoever thought of it should be fired

Indeed. Its ridiculous to just single out some players in the idea that they will go first, as every year there is someone who's expected to go high and falls. At least if they are in the stands they are not as singled out, but for someone like Kostin last night, it is just a terrible thing to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad