What did y'all think of Latandresse?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Too early to judge, especially with the injures/missed time.

I could see the potential of him playing a valuable role on this team.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Remember how bad our team looked at the beginning of last season? New team. New system. Long layoff.

He showed flashes...I have high hopes.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Although i don't usually respond to any question with "y'all" in it, he is exactly what we need up there.

Lats should be awesome for us and keep getting better as the games go on.

Oh gosh mister. How can us lower folk ever repay you for your presence in this thread?

Lats is getting a goal tonight I can feel it!

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Just saw him on a partial break and took a weak shot into Theodore's glove. If he's injured he shouldn't be playing. If that's the best he has then he shouldn't be playing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He looked pretty good last night. :) Him an Turris are having some nice chemistry.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
Great interview from him Yesterday on l`antichambre (Game was blackout over here so had to watch RDS) From what i can remember

-Love playing in Ottawa, love the town,the fans and the team

-Happy with the assist but can`t wait to score to break the ice

-Really love Paularus has a coach, he`s a good guy to talk to and can be really funny.

-Coach MacLean let the guy take chances on offence but if you **** up you better skate back on D like crazy. 200 ft game

-Did see Paul MacLean Clone while going to the bench in the first try to stay focus but had a good laugh about it after the game

-Hoping to get a long term contract with the team if he prove enough./Would like to be around for a while and grow with this young team.

- Felt way better and confident in game 2 starting to feel a connection with Alfie and Turris on the ice

-Pratice are Short but really hard, learn something new/get better almost every pratice. Love the way MacLean focus on the little things, if you miss a pass do it again until you`re perfect ect...

Sorry im probably missing some part of it... and also Sorry about my english guys it`s my 3rd language and i try to translate the best i can

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Great interview from him Yesterday on l`antichambre (Game was blackout over here so had to watch RDS) From what i can remember

-Really love Paularus has a coach, he`s a good guy to talk to and can be really funny.

-Coach MacLean let the guy take chances on offence but if you **** up you better skate back on D like crazy. 200 ft game

-Did see Paul MacLean Clone while going to the bench in the first try to stay focus but had a good laugh about it after the game

-Hoping to get a long term contract with the team if he prove enough./Would like to be around for a while and grow with this young team.

- Felt way better and confident in game 2 starting to feel a connection with Alfie and Turris on the ice

-Pratice are Short but really hard, learn something new/get better almost every pratice. Love the way MacLean focus on the little things, if you miss a pass do it again until you`re perfect ect...

Sorry im probably missing some part of it... and also Sorry about my english guys it`s my 3rd language and i try to translate the best i can

Thanks a lot!! :handclap:

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC

As long as he's coming with Marie-Pier i'm ok with it :naughty:

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm

Nice! Really rooting for this guy to have succes on the 2nd line :nod:

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I hope he gets his long term contract. I think he'll be a nice player for us. Hope the early glimpses of chemistry with Turris continue. I also love the physical presence he brings!

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012
The guy is still young when you really think about it the last time he played more than 20 game he was 22 (I think) and he had 55GP 25Goal 12A 37 Points He missed 2 years and a half of developement ( Kind of)

Could turn out a real gem for free, Plus fit right in the rebuilding process

Vikes88

@CrushSoda
Jan 19, 2013
Victoria, BC
The guy is still young when you really think about it the last time he played more than 20 game he was 22 (I think) and he had 55GP 25Goal 12A 37 Points He missed 2 years and a half of developement ( Kind of)

Could turn out a real gem for free, Plus fit right in the rebuilding process

Pfft, we're the Sens. We already used 0 years to rebuild. ;)

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Thanks for posting about RDS I usually check the Sens NHL site, TSN and Sportsnet but I forgot about them. The interview with Lats is up on their site under L'antichambre. He speaks very highly of Stache as a fair coach and the short but tough practices. Good interview.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I'm excited with Latendresse. Please, stay healthy. If he does, he will have enough time to prove himself to the Sens.

Could easily replace what Foligno brought, but better (and really liked Foligno as a player/guy)

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Latendresse adds more to his line than a lot of people gave him credit for in the first game. Was at the game yesterday and his presence helps to create open areas for Turris and Alfie to do their thing.

He's in the right place almost all the time, ready to one-time the puck. And makes his presence felt by throwing hits.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Kinda hard to say anything negative about this team right now. He certainly didn't have the greatest first game, but considering the lockout rust and him coming off back to back injury plagued seasons it was to be expected. Last night he showed a lot of improvement and great chemistry with Turris, which is excellent to see. For a guy in his situation and coming to a new team I think he's fitting in really well in the short season.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I like the fact that he is getting scoring chances which means Turris and Alfie are finding him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I like how he plays with Turris because he always goes to the net and Turris likes to play around the edges and find people inside.

Put Siflverberg on this line and get Alfie up with Spezza, I like Silf's speed and I think he'd do better on a line with Turris and Tender then with Spezza. Let's get Spezza and Alfie going, reunite the big line and the way Turris is playing right now he can carry the rookie on his line.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I think he'll become the go-to whipping boy for our fans. It's easy to pick on the slow guy who, at times, will appear like he's doing nothing or not trying.

That said, I'm glad to have some skill in the top 6. You can see that he has really deft hands and likes having the puck.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think he'll become the go-to whipping boy for our fans. It's easy to pick on the slow guy who, at times, will appear like he's doing nothing or not trying.

That said, I'm glad to have some skill in the top 6. You can see that he has really deft hands and likes having the puck.

I was thinking about this but I have a hard time figuring that he'll beat Chris Phillips for the scapegoat tittle this season...

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Just saw him at Harvey's in Kanata. Too beta to go and talk to him.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Just saw him at Harvey's in Kanata. Too beta to go and talk to him.

Next time, just walk up to him and say, "Hey, fatso! Easy on the mayo!"

Btw I don't think they should move Alfie off the second line. He and Turris had too much chemistry last season. Turris and Tender are starting to gel. I think it's capable of being the best second line in our division (maybe I'm overestimating their value, but I genuinely can't think of a better second line).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->