What did y'all think of Latandresse?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He had a bad game. But after seeing him play, I was still excited with how he plays the game. The dude seems to ALWAYS go to the net, which is a great, great thing.

He's a big boy, and I think he's going to cause a lot of havoc in the crease.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
if he is foligno 2.0, we cant complain, because it means we got methot for free.

but i think lats can cut down the penalties, and once the 2nd pp unit gets a chance for some serious work, he should be money in front of the net.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Nick Foligno the 2nd IMO.

Took dumb penalties, any good chances he shot high and wide.

Discuss.

He looked like the rest of the team... a bit dumbfounded. But I definitely saw sparks of an offensive player who has a little more speed in his stride than he let on today. Mac will whip him into shape and I believe he will do well in the mold of the coach.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We are the biggest winners if he becomes Foligno. 40 points for mil? Heck yes.

Either way, he was off today due to not playing in forever yet still seemed to look effective in some areas. When he gets his feet wet we should have a heck of a player.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
To me I believe he is going to really flourish nicely! Today was his first game in 2 years. He just needs to get some games under his belt, get settled in and get some coordination and he will get that with a great coach in Paul Maclean!!

But do I believe he will have a good season?? Absolutely!!! I believe he will replicate his performance 2 years ago with the Wild when he scored 27 times and will better that next season assuming he stays healthy and contributes the way he is suppose to this year which he will cause he has great linemates especially with Alfie and a great coaching staff behind him.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
if he is foligno 2.0, we cant complain, because it means we got methot for free.

but i think lats can cut down the penalties, and once the 2nd pp unit gets a chance for some serious work, he should be money in front of the net.

I feel ya. I always liked Foligno but I hated his dumb penalties. I just figured he was traded away for that very reason and then to have someone come in who is going to pull the exact same nonsense...

Time will tell!

He looked like the rest of the team... a bit dumbfounded. But I definitely saw sparks of an offensive player who has a little more speed in his stride than he let on today. Mac will whip him into shape and I believe he will do well in the mold of the coach.

I could tell he was trying hard but you're right he did seem a bit out of sync. I'm thinking he'll step up.

To me I believe he is going to really flourish nicely! Today was his first game in 2 years. He just needs to get some games under his belt, get settled in and get some coordination and he will get that with a great coach in Paul Maclean!!

But do I believe he will have a good season?? Absolutely!!! I believe he will replicate his performance 2 years ago with the Wild when he scored 27 times and will better that next season assuming he stays healthy and contributes the way he is suppose to this year which he will cause he has great linemates especially with Alfie and a great coaching staff behind him.

Ya fingers crossed so that he stays healthy! I cringed every time Regin got hit today thinking that he was going to fall to the ice clutching his shoulder. Hopefully both of those guys can keep it together.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
He seems to have great hockey sense around the net. It'll take him a bit to get back up to where he was in the past, but I thought their were great signs tonight. Was very impressed because I expected next to nothing given how little he's played in the last few years. Not everyone is Regin.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Got a couple of solid chances. Should hopefully pick it up once the rust wears off.

Not disappointed in how he played today. I liked much of what I saw from the Lats-Turris-Alfie line.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Great job OP. Whine but can't even spell his name correctly

Apart of what have been said already, I saw him throw a couple of big hits. Also, give him a bit of time to find his groove and chemistry with his new teammates (most important)

We'd be lucky if he re-signs with us before next season

TheOriginalSilf*

I actually liked what I saw from Lats today. :dunno:

I love the big body presence around the net. He seems to just buzz around the net bodying up defenders looking for dirty goals. I think his game style works really well playing with Alfredsson. Excited to see how he does going forward.

So far: I'm a fan.

Billy Mays Here*

Lats (or "Big Bear" as we called him) is awesome. I really liked him here and I wish him great success with you guys. The only reason I'm not still pissed off about him not re-signing here is because we got Parise. I bet if he stays healthy, Lats can pot 30 goals for you guys (or whatever the equivilent of 30 is in a shortened season).

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Difficult to compare him with Foligno, because other than the bad penalties they are nothing alike. It's only one game, but Latendresse doesn't seem to be the kind to play like a chicken with his head cut off, the energetic pest who can still be useful even if he goes on a long scoring drought. With Gui, it's going to be all about offensive production. I believe he has the skill to be useful, and so it's ultimately going to be a matter of health and chemistry with his linemates. So let's see where he's at a few weeks from now.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
After seeing him preform abysmally tonight, I am beyond thrilled to be able to watch him for at least the next 30 games. He was clearly a bit overwhelmed, but you can just tell he has great abilities. If I get to see them really shine through in 20 games, I'll be thrilled.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
I actually liked what I saw from Lats today. :dunno:

I love the big body presence around the net. He seems to just buzz around the net bodying up defenders looking for dirty goals. I think his game style works really well playing with Alfredsson. Excited to see how he does going forward.

So far: I'm a fan.
I liked his game last night too. There was some rust but who didn't last night? He plays a hard physical game and as the chemistry develops between him, Alfie and Turris he will be a good player for us. I would give him about 5 games and all of a sudden the points will start to come.

Overall I think it was a great signing and he will be an important part of this team in March/April.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Tough to say after this game.. He puts himself in the right areas and had some scoring chances, but he took some dumb penalties that could have cost us.
My reaction to the second penalty was "that could have happened to anybody". The stick came up but the player was bent at the waist so the "high stick" was only about 4 feet off the ground. He has to take care of this stick but overall just an unlucky play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad