What did Winnipeg do differently from us?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I just wish the Leafs could get a coach "like" him just once. :sarcasm:

Bud it's not the coach. It's the team buying into the coach.

That coach on vegas was so great he was fired while taking a cab ride last year because Flordia had players that didn't give two shits what he was saying.

What I've learned this year is it's not the coach so much as the players all buying into the system and playing as a team. Which the leafs only did for short periods of time.

Reactions: Liminality

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Gotta love Laine being Mr. Invisible in 2 out of the 3 series they played, but everyone on the main board gonna continue to trash Matthews and say Laine > Matthews
Man, they're so glad, Laine "dropped" to them. No player on that team can hold Mattys jock. Fringe team and fringe players.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We need to upgrade our D, anyone who can't acknowledge this and blames the poor bastard who faced the most shots in the league-because of said "defence"- really needs to reset their point of view. Ya Freddie stunk it up, but it's not an either/or argument, our D is bad. Everyone in the league talks about our D being our weakness, it's laughable how that simply can't compute with some here.

i will always say there are a lot of goals Freddie should have.
but there are a lot attempts that he shouldn't have to see.

Reactions: DarkKnight

HC7

May 2, 2018
Gotta love Laine being Mr. Invisible in 2 out of the 3 series they played, with the 1 series he was good in being against a significantly weaker team missing their best defenceman, but everyone on the main board gonna continue to trash Matthews and say Laine > Matthews

We're so far past this, don't even bring it up.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
We're so far past this, don't even bring it up.
I will never not bring up an opportunity to trash Laine given how often Winnipeg fans/non-Leaf fans do it to Matthews. Laine was trash in the playoffs. He's just lucky he had Scheifele, Wheeler and Hellebuyck to carry him that far.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
I will never not bring up an opportunity to trash Laine given how often Winnipeg fans/non-Leaf fans do it to Matthews. Laine was trash in the playoffs. He's just lucky he had Scheifele, Wheeler and Hellebuyck to carry him that far.

Agree. Laine was trash and invisible outside of a couple one timer shots. Can't believe anyone says he's better than Matthews lol

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Bud it's not the coach. It's the team buying into the coach.

That coach on vegas was so great he was fired while taking a cab ride last year because Flordia had players that didn't give two ****s what he was saying.

What I've learned this year is it's not the coach so much as the players all buying into the system and playing as a team. Which the leafs only did for short periods of time.
It was a joke dude. PM was our coach years ago...

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He leeched off of superior players the their whole playoff run. Stastny was incredible in the Jets/Preds series and he picked up so many free assists along the way. Other then mailing home a few one-timers he was a massive non-factor the vast majority of the playoffs.

He's not and never has been in the same stratosphere as Matthews.

Reactions: 4uston Matthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad