What decent coaches are left for hire?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Good question. It should be interesting how these hires will fallout after all the positions are filled.
Very curious who Buffalo gets. That team could surprise with the right coach. And make our division that much tougher.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Perhaps not as a Head Coach, but Tre Kronor Coach Rikard Grönborg is likely to end up in the League since he is moving overseas with his family after the WC.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Depends... are you talking about NA coaches or coaches generally?,
because there are several excellent European coaches who are overly qualified to coach an
middle of the pack or bottom feeder NHL franchise.

Sure, they don't have any experience of coaching in the NHL, but how could they?, no team has ever given interest
- one possibly can't say that the best Russian,Finnish,Swedish (and others) coaches wouldn't do better job what,
lets say... any of the coaches Edmonton Oliers have had in the past. European coaches whom won
countless of national titles, world titles, world junior titles,... etc. etc.

I would sign a top, marinated successful European coach, rather than some up and comer NA coach from the minors/University
but maybe i'm biased.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
- one possibly can't say that the best Russian,Finnish,Swedish (and others) coaches wouldn't do better job what,
lets say... any of the coaches Edmonton Oliers have had in the past. European coaches whom won
countless of national titles, world titles, world junior titles,... etc. etc.

You do know that one of Edmonton's last coaches is exactly the kind of guy you're talking about, right?
German-Canadian Ralf Krueger coached Switzerland internationally for over a decade before coming over to North America.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I don't think he's good per se, but AV will have his tyres kicked I'm sure.
He isnt bad, he got a lot out of a NYR team without any elite skaters and a pretty poor defensive group. Sure he has some weaknesses but he is far from a bad coach compared to the average NHL coach. His biggest weakness is developing young players and he doesnt trust his young players at all so he give veterans more ice time than they deserve.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I think we should promote Yawney or Gulletsan on a one way league min and hold out hope that Babcock gets let go from Toronto.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Who needs a coach?

Edmonton
Buffalo
I believe Ottawa has an interim right now
Winnipeg may after a quick exit
Tampa if they lose to Columbus

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Who needs a coach?

Edmonton
Buffalo
I believe Ottawa has an interim right now
Winnipeg may after a quick exit
Tampa if they lose to Columbus

Anaheim though all signs point to Eakins getting that job. Gordon is still interim at Philly, despite doing well I feel they will bring in new coach as well with the new GM

Reactions: Godstin Matthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->