What could greatly improve this team?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I hope so you never really come after me because we agree on most stuff to do with this club so sorry for overreacting k.

i purposely don't agree with anyone that way i never give them the satisfaction that they long for. Hatcher that is a bit of wisdom that can be applied to all aspects of life, never satiate a person's desire to connect with you on any level. That is how you win at message boarding.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
craig anderson has a .925 save percentage on a erik karlssonless sens team. that is.50 points better than elliott
And Laczynski is one of the best players in College Hockey.

That entire Sens team is over-performing. Anderson just posted a sub-.900 sv% last year with Karlsson. 37 with a cap hit over $4 mill for the next two seasons. Yeah no thanks. He'd just be another name on the carousel.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
i purposely don't agree with anyone that way i never give them the satisfaction that they long for. Hatcher that is a bit of wisdom that can be applied to all aspects of life, never satiate a person's desire to connect with you on any level. That is how you win at message boarding.
HAHAHAHAHAHA dont want to win them at all but not liking the players on this team and knowing you cant win with them gets people mad and they take it personal. Tocchet is and always will be my fav player but when he was traded I didn't give a f***. i got no connection to these flyers at all.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
HAHAHAHAHAHA dont want to win them at all but not liking the players on this team and knowing you cant win with them gets people mad and they take it personal. Tocchet is and always will be my fav player but when he was traded I didn't give a ****. i got no connection to these flyers at all.

cold and distant , i knew there was something familiar about your aura.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
And Laczynski is one of the best players in College Hockey.

That entire Sens team is over-performing. Anderson just posted a sub-.900 sv% last year with Karlsson. 37 with a cap hit over $4 mill for the next two seasons. Yeah no thanks. He'd just be another name on the carousel.

no doubt Lacyznski is one of the best. A great pick by Hexy. Lac has inherited risk, and we can live without him as our own prospect. We can't survive this season with elliott. Anderson gives us a guy when he is on top of his game a top 10 goalie. Something we haven't had since good Mason. There are very few bad teams with good goalies that have short contracts. That is what we are looking for.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Not this:

A sign outside Kim Dillabaugh's office this morning...
images.png

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Goaltending is poor but so many goals have come from D not being in position. In the past a lot of mistakes could be overcome with a clutch/grab/shove. (Let's not even discuss checking. ) Speed wins now. That is the only trait of hockey that remains.

Thanks NHL.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Simmonds
Corsi 35.66, CorsiRel -13.27, xGF 29.95, xGFrel -15.1

Those aren't bad numbers, they're MacDonald terrible.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Simmonds

I've been on the trade Simmonds train for a long time now regardless of the stats. His on-ice play just isn't good enough for me.

Reactions: RANKKA

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Simmonds

But you defend mcdonald?
and now you're using mcdonald as an example of why Simmonds (the leading goal scorer) has been supposedly terrible?

so by that logic, you should be critical when mcdonald returns to the lineup and who knows replaces Sanheim when Sanheim has a bad game.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

JayB

May 30, 2012
We need players who hate losing and are ready to compete harder against losing. We need also coach for that.

Have you seen in games so far that our players win more 1vs1 than lose?

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I've been on the trade Simmonds train for a long time now regardless of the stats. His on-ice play just isn't good enough for me.

I do agree with this.

First good offer - au revoir.

Ditto with Vorachek, one dimensional player, soft, too much cap space. salut jake

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But you defend mcdonald?
and now you're using mcdonald as an example of why Simmonds (the leading goal scorer) has been supposedly terrible?

so by that logic, you should be critical when mcdonald returns to the lineup and who knows replaces Sanheim when Sanheim has a bad game.

You obviously don't read what I post, so don't bother replying to me.

I've said repeatedly that MacDonald has been terrible, it's obvious they were letting him work his way back into game shape (SOP with veterans coming back from injury) only to find he lied to them about the shape he was in, preventing them from making moves that might endanger his job. It made sense to play him, based on what he told them - every team does this with veterans, since you can't get up to game speed just by practicing.

There is no question with effort with Simmonds, and anyone suggesting that should be ostracized from this board!
The problem is simply that his skill set, from skating, puck handling, passing and shooting, has deteriorated to the point where his only viable role, other than STs, would be a 4th line checking forward like Weise.
He's a bad fit on this team, the first line might be the only group in the top 9 where he fits, since he might never handle the puck with G, Couts and Ghost on the ice.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I do agree with this.

First good offer - au revoir.

Ditto with Vorachek, one dimensional player, soft, too much cap space. salut jake

Keep Voracek, though. His points are the only thing keeping this team out of the bottom five dumpster this season.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->