What could greatly improve this team?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anyone who believed that Elliott was anything more than a product of his system is crazy. Just like Robert Esche was. They worked for Hitchcock's system. I am pretty sure most goalies would. It's not indicative of their potential success elsewhere

It sucks that we needed a stopgap in a summer where the UFA options were extremely limited.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When evaluating players do it by 1/4 of seasons 20 games . The thread of every game, over analyzing each move , mistake , or good play is just moronic . He should have turned this way he should have shot there man that was his fault , what was the coach thinking . I do not waste my time on those threads the nit picking and negativity drives me away from those threads . I'm not just a Philly , Jets fan i'm a fan of the game it's self , not a fan of over analyzing or micro managing that stuff drives me nuts. Several on here might say that's a short drive , it might be but i sleep well at night .

Same holds for the team as a whole.
Especially the first 20 games.
I giggle when someone talks about how a coach is doing a great job because a team starts the season 3-1-1. What!
Every team, even the worst, has short stretches where they almost look good, some simply start the season that way.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Hextall will stick with what he has when it comes to goalies.
Neuvirth comes back soon, Lyon and Stolarz will have a chance to get healthy in LHV.
Not sure anything out there is much better.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We're worst in the NHL in xGA/60.
Second worst, Washington.
Winnipeg 23rd, Toronto 24th

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
What would greatly improve this team is if we put out our least producing forwards in the final moments of tie games...

giphy.gif
Even if you said water was dry and Hitler was right I still have a Pavlovian response to automatically like anything with an Emma Stone gif attached.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
...What do ya think about our wonderful goaltending as of this present MOMENT?
It's ****ing ridiculous and I still think Mzarek was a upgrade on tomato cans Elliott,Neuvirth,Stolarz,Lyon and Pickard...If the Flyers are going to compete for a playoff spot every year (Let alone a Stanley Cup)...we need a god damn competent backstopper NOW!
Sick and tired of the song and dance with waiting for Carter and Sandstrom!
Moose's confidence is broke from getting pulled last night...so I guess it's waiver Pickard's turn!
What a nightmare!
Moose's confident should not be broken from getting pulled. It should be broken because he can't stop a puck.

5 games 4.04 GAA .874 SV%

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, but the weird thing is Elliott has a positive DSv of 0.8%, that is he's saving more goals than he should given the shots on him, of course, one reason for those quality shots on him are the bad rebounds he's allowed.

I think it's "please turn it around for a couple months because Neuvirth isn't healthy, Hart isn't ready and Pickard is a backup goalie. Moose you're our only hope."

With Elliott, it's as much a known quantity with Pickard, last year's first half Elliott was better, this year's Elliott is worse. Do you go with the known mediocre goalie or hope your veteran goalie can work his way back into form and carry you until your other goalies are healthy?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Damn I didn't see de la Rose was on waivers. I would have put in a claim for him. I'd take him over Weal.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
ya what else is he going to say? Elliott sucks and is our back up. He is our #1 because thats all we have. I wish Nuevy would stop getting hurt

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
The Flyers are in desperate need of a #1 starting goalie...
And a different direction in the coaching facet...cause clearly Philadelphia is a fixture in the middle of the pack thread or bobbing about water just to make or break in the playoff team!
Unacceptable for a Flyer organization!!!​
Allain Vigneualt ? ...and what happened to Lyon? is he playing yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->