Value of: what could detroit get for kane ?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
He has a full no trade clause and completely dictates it. Not to mention in no rumors whatsoever. Should tell you all you need to know.

So, maybe about what Tarasenko got, at most, and that is if he is the one who wants a trade, not Detroit.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Kane isn't going anywhere even if he doesn't want to return next year. WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS, teams don't trade UFA's for picks when they are in the playoffs.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Kane is one of the best playoff performers of all time and the Red Wings after years of missing the playoffs trade him? why!?

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
my outlook is the hip issue , who knows how long it holds up ? hopefully forever , but in reality its a worry . mean time detroits borderline playoffs , and if get in not a true contender . so if i can get a 1st in hopes of adding a long term building block i have to think about it , and a true contender might be very interested in kane without worry of long term as he could get them a cup . at same time nobody knows if kane n yzerman are in agreement on a contract and kane might not even want to stay on detroit . and i guarantee not a word would be leaked to press by kane or yzerman of what the situation is , so nobody can say

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
my outlook is the hip issue , who knows how long it holds up ? hopefully forever , but in reality its a worry . mean time detroits borderline playoffs , and if get in not a true contender . so if i can get a 1st in hopes of adding a long term building block i have to think about it , and a true contender might be very interested in kane without worry of long term as he could get them a cup . at same time nobody knows if kane n yzerman are in agreement on a contract and kane might not even want to stay on detroit . and i guarantee not a word would be leaked to press by kane or yzerman of what the situation is , so nobody can say

True. Come to think of it...

How long is Simon Edvinsson's shoulder gonna hold up? Dunno. Should probably trade him.
How long is Robby Fabbri's knee (either one) gonna hold up? Dunno. Should probably trade him.
How long is Dylan Larkin's neck gonna hold up? Dunno. Should probably trade him.

Things can change, but they're currently in a playoff spot. Kane got next to nothing last year because of a full NTC and is very selective on where he'll waive it to. Look at the God-awful return Ottawa just got for Tank. Keep him. Try to sign him. Let the kids learn from him.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
They’d get more than the Hawks got last year, because they have “Real” leverage NOT to trade him at all. Even though he can pick where he wants to go. They’d get as much, or more than Guentzel brings in return.

Let’s say Vegas is that team who calls. The other team Kane truly considered… They have to make it worth Yzerman’s time and effort, to even approach Kane, because they’re not in sell mode. They’re very much into battling for a playoff spot and he’s been a great addition.

If they offered two 2nds, it’s not worth Yzerman’s time…. If they offered a 1st, Brisson and Cataford, Yzerman then may approach Kane and flat out tell him, “Vegas has a ton of interest in you, do you have any interest in wanting to move on, and go there for a Cup run, I owe it to you to ask?”

That is almost exactly how it would have to play out. A team would have to wow Yzerman enough, to actually approach Kane.

This is all for not though, because when Kane chose Detroit, he really was looking for his home for the rest of his career. Both sides understand this, but will always have open conversations with each other, so they continue to be on that same page. That is the basics to the agreement. The money will always work it’s way out. Kane doesn’t want to keep moving his young family around. He’s earned this treatment from a team, and looks like he’s found it.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I strongly
Why would they trade Kane in a playoff spot?
Strongly doubt Kane is getting traded when the Wings are finally in a playoff spot and will need to battle to stay in it.

Another late 1st (at best) doesn’t do much for the Wings when they’re already full with B level prospects

Reactions: SoupNazi

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
at 2.75 . detroit could retain / take back expiring cap dump . and what if ghost is added at 4.1 , same retainment / cap dump condition . both on expirings . could be worked out so aquiring team cap remains at same level . would this package get a 1st + ?
This is a horrible take.

Why would the wings trade Kane while in a playoff spot?

Yes we have lost three in a row but we still hold top wild card spot as of now

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It will be nice if Kasper, Danielson, Berggren, Mazur be on the same team with Kane.

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
Yzerman wont trade him but I dont see how he wouldnt fetch a 1st+ the way hes playing
Wings won't trade him. But if they did it wouldn't be a 1st plus, because Kane has a NMC. So just like last year when the Hawks traded him Kane would literally pick the team he would be willing to go to lowering trade value. But he is not getting traded anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad