What contract to expect for the RFAs?

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
If Reinhart gets more than $6M AAV I feel we’d be overpaying. I’m actually a fan of his, he screens the goalie for a lot of goals which don’t show on the stat sheet and for some reason the opposition D don’t clear him out. However we’ve gotta stop grossly overpaying people.

Comparables in the league are -
Guentzel, 5 years, $30M
Ehlers, 7 years, $42M
Mantha and Dubois are similar Point producers and due extensions.

I just can’t see Reinhart getting paid more than Ehlers or Guentzel.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I like Linus but I'm not sure he'll get close to that. Maybe just a negotiating tactic.
Of course it is. Last season Ulmark filed for $2.65 million in arbitration and he signed for $1.325 million. He'll sign for $2.1 but if the Sabres want to buy years of UFA they should try offering $7 -7.5 million for 3 year.

Last edited:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Of course it it. Last season Ulmark filed for $2.65 million in arbitration and he signed for $1.325 million. He'll sign for $2.1 but if the Sabres want to buy years of UFA they should try offering $7 -7.5 million for 3 year.

Yeah I agree. I wish they would change the arbitration rules so the arbitrator would just pick a side, it would make the filings much closer.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Ullmark is going to be an interesting outcome. As of right now my guess would be 1 YR 2.5M to 1 YR 3.25M based on a settling number. They definitely are not getting him at their filing number at 1.8M. Again, with Olofsson, I think they'll settle at 1 YR around 3.3M? Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad