What CHL Team Should I Root For?

EastCoastBestCoast

May 17, 2016
I need help finding a CHL Team to follow. I am a fan of defensive hockey (Devils, NHL; RPI, NCAA) but don't know anything about the CHL. Hopefully it's a team in the QJMHL or the OHL, but I don't know of any teams except Halifax, London, Sarnia, Erie and Quebec.
Thanks!

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Watch a few games from different teams and pick. Most people are fans of the teams in the cities they grew up in.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I have some good friends who moved to Seattle after college. So I end up visiting them at least once a year and have been dragging them to a Seattle Thunderbirds game almost every time.

As it turned out, I had a tripped planned for last weekend and the Thunderbirds made the WHL Finals for the first time since 1997. So I was able to pull an audible and add attending a game to my trip.

So maybe pick a team that you might be able to easily attend? The choices might be slimmer on the east coast for the US though.

It's too bad Plymouth relocated to Flint. I had made a couple trips to that area and if you picked the right weekend, you could catch the Red Wings, Whalers (OHL), Wolverines (NCAA), and USNTDP (USHL) without driving very far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->