What channel was the Jets / OIlers game on last night?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Just upgraded my Shaw Box from their old HD terminal to the newer Gateway model.

I had to work last Friday & recorded the Rangers game. Somehow it didn't record.

Went out of my way to make sure last nights game was recorded. This new menu is SOOOO much more complicated than the last one:

Options menu / Sports / Hockey brings up all the games for every team,....in alphabetical order FOR THE MONTH, including games already played. Winnipeg Jets appeared, but only the pregame show.

15 minutes later I found the game being broadcast on Sportnet 223. Pressed record & set it for an extra 30 minutes. Came home went to watch the game & was treated to the Stars & Wild in the 2nd period. Game likely blacked out on Sportsnet, but I never saw a TSN feed listed in the menu.

Was it on TSN? TSN3? Anyone else have problems?

On another matter its absolutely ridiculous that all these cable providers can't have an ACCURATE TV guide.

Last year my phone rang from one of my customers at noon. Some guests in from Montreal wanted to watch the Canadians game & were calling ahead to check if this establishment was playing it.

I instructed this manager to go to Menu / Sports / Hockey where a list of all the games that night would appear. I further instructed him to only look at the channels 200+ as those were the HD channels. The game was listed & I further instructed him to hit "watch now" to make sure that the establishment had access to that channel. He did, so that channel worked & the guide clearly showed that game starting at 6pm central time.

The Frenchies arrived at 5pm to watch their beloved Canadians & had run a $700+ bar & food bill up prior to game time. At 6pm the Canadians were preempted for WHL hockey. One can imagine that this was not a good situation...

Complain all you want to Shaw or MTS & their people blame the channels themselves for the guides they receive & refuse to take ownership of the situation. Nor do they even log past complaints. This was a "new" problem" to everyone I talked to today at 3 different levels of support.

What do you think? Who should be resposible for a correct cable menu??

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Game was on TSN3 and Sportsnet regional.The Sportsnet channel was blacked out in the Jets region. And TSN3 was blacked out everywhere else.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Game was on TSN3 and Sportsnet regional.The Sportsnet channel was blacked out in the Jets region. And TSN3 was blacked out everywhere else.

Thanks. I had assumed it was one of those games where TSN didn't have access to the game.

It's rather confusing that the Jets jump from channel to channel. As a rule it's TSN3, but not always. I just figured it was one of those games...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Thanks. I had assumed it was one of those games where TSN didn't have access to the game.

It's rather confusing that the Jets jump from channel to channel. As a rule it's TSN3, but not always. I just figured it was one of those games...

Usually only saturday sunday and wednesday games are nationally broadcast.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I could have made the same mistake IF I had any recording room left. I checked the listings and saw it was on TSN3. I have a Motorola 3400. It was nice to see the Stars game but I stopped watching because it was over at 3-0 Wild.

Edit: I also know not to trust the guide. It's wrong sometimes. Especially when programs have common titles.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
People should know blackout rules by now.

Sportsnet West shows Edmonton games, that's why they are on the guide. It wa Stars-Wild since it was blacked out here, so there was alternate programming. The guides won't reflect this because the game they show for us here in Winnipeg is not scheduled programming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad