What Changes do you want in the E.V. Arena (if we get one)?

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I would like to see decent wifi, an in arena game channel being streamed for highlights and news between periods while I am waiting in line for 12$ beer, food and drink service on an app for the lower bowl, an angle of viewing in the upper bowl that is not so steep (stairs there keep people from going to games) also less seats but an inch or two wider. More local color, a Ladmo entrance an Alice Cooper entrance, ect and a big brass statue of Shane Doan with goalface at the fron of the arena.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Start doing that song where the Older Lady in the upper corner would bust her moves every game. I have no memory of what the song was but it was fun.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
-Moon at center ice
-Real programs instead of a print out of the rosters
-Werewolves of London on a consistent basis
- Less suites
- Train concession staff on how to actually tap a keg and pour a beer so I’m not waiting 20 minutes for a draft beer.

Get some real beer.
Some german beers or better some local brew.
:D

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
No offense to our Jets friends in this thread

Remove all remnants of Jets 1.0 from the new barn. Absolutely zero affiliation to that era

To make things better, I will go write their names in some concrete for our Jets members on this board. But no Jets anything in the new rink

No offense taken. The Coyotes have been in Arizona for a long time now (since 1996-97). The team is well established with the fans already so there is really no need to hang onto any references to the Jets. Coyotes fans have memories of players who have played for the fans in Arizona and that's what counts. It's unlikely that any players that played for the team when it was based in Winnipeg would object to such a decision.

TNSE has established a Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame and banners have been raised at Bell MTS Place for some players that played for the Winnipeg Jets 1.0 version. Inductees so far include Bobby Hull, Anders Hedberg, Ulf Nilsson, Dale Hawerchuk, Ab McDonald and Lars-Erik Sjoberg. The players memories will continue to live on in Winnipeg through the fans as well as the Jets Alumni for all members past, present and future.

:jets

Reactions: Snarky Coyote

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Just make sure to build enough bathrooms. Remember everybody wants to use them at the same time, so you need more than you would have needed if it was just a festival of some sort. This is my pet peeve when it comes to arenas. So it's meant as a general advice/wish.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
No offense taken. The Coyotes have been in Arizona for a long time now (since 1996-97). The team is well established with the fans already so there is really no need to hang onto any references to the Jets. Coyotes fans have memories of players who have played for the fans in Arizona and that's what counts. It's unlikely that any players that played for the team when it was based in Winnipeg would object to such a decision.

TNSE has established a Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame and banners have been raised at Bell MTS Place for some players that played for the Winnipeg Jets 1.0 version. Inductees so far include Bobby Hull, Anders Hedberg, Ulf Nilsson, Dale Hawerchuk, Ab McDonald and Lars-Erik Sjoberg. The players memories will continue to live on in Winnipeg through the fans as well as the Jets Alumni for all members past, present and future.

I think the whole idea of a franchises history can be exectued if
1. Team has lasted in the new location for longer than the original franchise
AND
2. Old team gets a new franchise

I'd be fine with ditching original Jet history at this point and strictly adopting AZ history. What's awkard is I feel the Jets still need to hold onto ALT's history, otherwise that goes into a hockey toilet black hole.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I think the whole idea of a franchises history can be exectued if
1. Team has lasted in the new location for longer than the original franchise
AND
2. Old team gets a new franchise

I'd be fine with ditching original Jet history at this point and strictly adopting AZ history. What's awkard is I feel the Jets still need to hold onto ALT's history, otherwise that goes into a hockey toilet black hole.

Atlanta's history will never really disappear. We all still remember the California Golden Seals even though the team is gone. We always have access to the player stats and how the Seals did in the standings, etc. I'm hopeful that Atlanta will get another opportunity to have a team in the NHL.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
The Jets are the Thrashers.. and the Coyotes ARE the Winnipeg Jets v1. Just the way it is. I'm all for removing banners though. maybe put a plaque of the history somewhere

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Just make sure to build enough bathrooms. Remember everybody wants to use them at the same time, so you need more than you would have needed if it was just a festival of some sort. This is my pet peeve when it comes to arenas. So it's meant as a general advice/wish.
Have you ever had a ticket with access to the BMW Lounge? The bathroom down there has two urinals and one stall with 100 people trying to use it in between periods. It's a joke.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
Forgetting all the um snark between the fanbases at the end of the day the Winnipeg 1.0 players have no emotional bond here. I often felt that the induction of players into the ring of honor was a cynical ploy to sell tickets. Without having followed the team and getting to know the players and their stories it just doesn't mean as much here. I think we do need to send the history back to the Peg, but for all the right reasons to get it to the people that had that bond.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Jets can have their history back. We’ll take Atlanta’s and honor it for them until they get a new team.
Picking up where the Jets dropped the ball. The Jets tried to erase the history of their franchise relocating by acting as if their current team's history in Atlanta never happened.

Reactions: Vip

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Picking up where the Jets dropped the ball. The Jets tried to erase the history of their franchise relocating by acting as if their current team's history in Atlanta never happened.

No need Jets 1.0 should be honored by two fanbases, is it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad