What Changes do you want in the E.V. Arena (if we get one)?

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
A really well thought out and executed transportation plan.

Solar panel covered parking lot and buildings with battery storage. It would be awesome when a national broadcast comes on and they talk about how all the energy for the arena is generated by the sun.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
How about a genuine haboob??
That would be pretty sweet and is definitely unique to the area. They could pump swirling wind sounds, have the lights sweep from bright to brown across the arena and have some cool animation or on ice projection of a giant haboob engulfing everything. They could also blast the main riff of Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria as the Coyotes "emerged" from the storm.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Thüringer Bratwürste or Nürnberger.

And we should fully embrace the Kachina and the native's.
i don't know much about them so i don't have any suggestion what we could do.
But maybe we can get help with that :D

Other think that was already talked about is solar powered arena.
i would go further and say we could make the effort to make the power consumption not only green but also try to reduce the waste teh arena produces. Maybe we can get big energy storages in the basement that can not only store energy for the arena but for surrounding buildings too. Would be a unique feature.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I have 3 basic wants for a new arena:
  • I think we should be able to get tacos, carne asada burritos and quesadillas all over the arena
  • I'd like a state of the art lighting and audio system and an awesome intro that makes use of it
  • I think there should be some sort of schtick...Lightning have their tesla coils, blue jackets with their cannon, sharks with the giant sharkhead, etc. To be clear I don't want them to copy someone else (E.g. giant head lowered to ice but dur...it's a Coyote so totally different!!), I want them to come up with their very own unique schtick
The howl is our schtick. We don't need to go all Vegas with a sand storm at center ice. Too messy.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Tanic

Dec 28, 2003
Visit site
I actually think GRA sucks structurally. I hate having the concourse enclosed. I like arenas where you can still see the ice or the court while you're walking around the concourse.

The Glendale Arena concourse had a wide open view when the building debuted. Someone in the office thought it was a good idea to blockade the view of the ice by installing the damn mini-suites. Sorry architects and designers, it looked nice for a couple of years.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

i would go further and say we could make the effort to make the power consumption not only green but also try to reduce the waste the arena produces. Maybe we can get big energy storages in the basement that can not only store energy for the arena but for surrounding buildings too. Would be a unique feature.
This^

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I have 3 basic wants for a new arena:
  • I think we should be able to get tacos, carne asada burritos and quesadillas all over the arena
  • I'd like a state of the art lighting and audio system and an awesome intro that makes use of it
  • I think there should be some sort of schtick...Lightning have their tesla coils, blue jackets with their cannon, sharks with the giant sharkhead, etc. To be clear I don't want them to copy someone else (E.g. giant head lowered to ice but dur...it's a Coyote so totally different!!), I want them to come up with their very own unique schtick

How about having a Coyote den entrance? Or have a Southwest themed restaurant attached to the arena that serves rattlesnake?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I liked the eyes thing from a few years ago in terms of game presentation. Not so much people holding their phones to their eyes to mimic their own eyes - that just looked dumb - but the darkened arena with the eyes on the jumbotron and with the coyote howling noises was a neat concept. May just need some refinement.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

i don't know much about them so i don't have any suggestion what we could do.
But maybe we can get help with that :D

i would go further and say we could make the effort to make the power consumption not only green but also try to reduce the waste teh arena produces. Maybe we can get big energy storages in the basement that can not only store energy for the arena but for surrounding buildings too. Would be a unique feature.
Nothing says "Arizona" like Thuringer Bratwurste or Nurnberger.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I just like them.
nothing beats a Bratwurst, a beer and a game.

everything else should be Arizonian. Maybe we can get local farmers and producers to make that happen.
They provide the products and we sell them in our arena.
this would add nicely to the proposed green energy arena.

And we can strenghten the native theme of "our land, our goods, our team.
I think that would work really nice.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

For grins I googled 'German desert', and it kept wanting to switch me to 'German dessert'...but when I insisted, it gave me a bunch of references to Erwin Rommel. (desert fox, desert Coyote - potato potato)

Having said that, believe it or not there is a decent little German place in downtown Glendale, a few miles from our current arena. If there's someplace similar where a new EV arena might go, I've not heard of it.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
GRA is dated.

Smaller arena seating (16,000 seat max)
Larger corridors with large LCD screens showing the game
More diverse food and drink options
MUCH better Wifi
Ideally rail connectivity

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
For grins I googled 'German desert', and it kept wanting to switch me to 'German dessert'...but when I insisted, it gave me a bunch of references to Erwin Rommel. (desert fox, desert Coyote - potato potato)

Having said that, believe it or not there is a decent little German place in downtown Glendale, a few miles from our current arena. If there's someplace similar where a new EV arena might go, I've not heard of it.
Actually there is a place called Deutsche Wüste or better : Lieberoser Wüste in Brandenburg (the region around Berlin). It's 5 square km big (so very small). Thze biggest Desert in germany (wikipedia).
A fire in 1942 created it and after that it was a military training ground for the soviets.

Lieberoser Wüste – Wikipedia

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The howl is our schtick. We don't need to go all Vegas with a sand storm at center ice. Too messy.
The howl is definitely a big part of it and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a creative intro centered around it. I don't think the haboob idea was bad either and that's pretty f***ing far from Vegas with their ice skating "knight" in a skirt and drummers out of a daft punk video.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The howl is definitely a big part of it and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a creative intro centered around it. I don't think the haboob idea was bad either and that's pretty ****ing far from Vegas with their ice skating "knight" in a skirt and drummers out of a daft punk video.
I think that Vegas’ pregame is absolutely stunning. It’s just not us.

Reactions: Sinurgy

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Gosbee was on to something with the tailgating. Bring that back. Maybe just for weekend games, with a special parking lot section designated for it.

Reactions: awfulwaffle

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sell tickets to the last row of the upper bowl for 5 bucks. The Panthers do this. It's just to get asses in the door. It's great for walk-up sales and maybe these people are more willing to spend on beer and merchandise if their ticket was cheap. Who knows, that person could become a huge fan.

Also bring back the program (it may still exist) where parents can trade in another team's jersey for a kids Coyotes jersey.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Sell tickets to the last row of the upper bowl for 5 bucks. The Panthers do this. It's just to get asses in the door. It's great for walk-up sales and maybe these people are more willing to spend on beer and merchandise if their ticket was cheap. Who knows, that person could become a huge fan.

Also bring back the program (it may still exist) where parents can trade in another team's jersey for a kids Coyotes jersey.
The jersey exchange is genius on so many levels, it definitely ought to return for at least a few home games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad