What can AA get in a trade?

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
I like AA as a player but I think he doesnt have the upside of our other younger wingers. Can we move him for a young D in the same similar position as him on a team?

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
AA seems like a decent kicker in a deal to move up from 30.

He is probably worth an extra 3-5 spots. So whereas 30 and a 2nd gets us to 25, have 30, AA and a 3 or something gets us to 15.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was thinking a package of 6th overall, 31st pick, and AA for the 3rd.

I would rather not give all that up to move up in this draft. We get a good player at #6 and we need more chances.

I am all for trading AA. AA and one of the seconds to move up is fine by me. I want to make 4 selections in the top 40 though.

I think they are looking for a struggling #4 D that can be had. AA doesn't actually have a ton of believers in NHL scouting community. Yes they see the flashes, but the other 13 minutes of useless or bad hockey he plays are really concerning to pro scouts. I just don't think he has the value that his sometimes game-breaking ability should and we could wish it would have. Part of that is down to him being just a little more consistent. So we might be stuck holding onto him for a bit longer.

I would deal him to Chicago for Connor Murphy who Q hates and turn the page. We might be able to talk them into a small add to make it happen.

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
AA seems like a decent kicker in a deal to move up from 30.

He is probably worth an extra 3-5 spots. So whereas 30 and a 2nd gets us to 25, have 30, AA and a 3 or something gets us to 15.
I wouldnt mind giving up AA and #30 to move up and grab D Bode Wilde. I think he is underrated on draft boards.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Detroit needs any of the plethora of defenders that'll still be around at 6th more than they need Zadina or Tkachuk.

You'd be farther ahead packaging AA and the 30th to move up. Or AA the 30th and 33 or 36, depending on how high you're trying to get.

Reactions: njx9

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I always wonder how is AA in the locker room . If he isn't any problem , I like to keep him , only 23 years old . He could be very good under right couching . I would only trade him for late first

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I always wonder how is AA in the locker room . If he isn't any problem , I like to keep him , only 23 years old . He could be very good under right couching . I would only trade him for late first

There is plenty of smoke clear back to junior that he isn't great, though I think teammates generally like him personally, not necessarily how he chooses to play the game.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
I would rather not give all that up to move up in this draft. We get a good player at #6 and we need more chances.

I am all for trading AA. AA and one of the seconds to move up is fine by me. I want to make 4 selections in the top 40 though.

I would deal him to Chicago for Connor Murphy who Q hates and turn the page. We might be able to talk them into a small add to make it happen.

Like I said earlier in the offseason, trade him ONLY for a top 4 d or don't trade him at all. His value is higher then a 3.8 million per year 5 or 6 defenceman like Murphy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Like I said earlier in the offseason, trade him ONLY for a top 4 d or don't trade him at all. His value is higher then a 3.8 million per year 5 or 6 defenceman like Murphy.

Some of this depends on the draft too. But I think Murphy is a top 4 d-man. But he is more important to me if we pick Hughes for instance as he would be an ideal partner. I think he can be your big pk and minutes guy you need in a top four. I like his game, I think he is a good #4.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
AA I'd say has late first value.

If we actually do trade up to target Zadina, which i doubt, I'm gonna be pumped. I know we need a D, but I'll take a kid with absolute star potential, too.

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
What would it take to get Dougie Hamilton or Jacob Trouba?

Maybe DC, AA, #30, Schev?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

First, that is a straight-up awful use of those assets when you consider the return is a winger. Second, what is with this new trend of saying you want to trade up without actually naming who we would be trading up for.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I hope AA can make it work here but I am not holding my breath. Just seems like both player and team need a clean break.

With that said, I do love the idea of AA sticking around and Zadina falling to us. A future number two line of AA - Ras - Zadina would be incredivleZ at least on paper.

Sadly, it’s more likely only Ras is on this team pit of this three. Oh well. Wishful thinking is always nice.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Late first value imo as an RFA. I would not be surprised to see us package him with two of our 30-36th picks, to EDM or Islanders for their first.

Jfc that’s an overpayment. The difference between Zadina and any of the players available at 6th isn’t big enough to add 31st, nevermind AA also

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Late first value imo as an RFA. I would not be surprised to see us package him with two of our 30-36th picks, to EDM or Islanders for their first.

I would be surprised. Custance said on the Athletic they just aren't getting the kind of offers on AA they would need to move him because other teams aren't sure about him. His inconsistencies worry teams it sounded like.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I asked on the Carolina boards, how much Detroit would have to add to AA in a deal for Justin Faulk. It wasn't pretty (1, if not 2 first rounders, which no longer makes it worthwhile, IMO).

His best use is probably if somebody like Dellandrea is still there at 24, and you offer AA and 30 to get him.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I wouldnt mind giving up AA and #30 to move up and grab D Bode Wilde. I think he is underrated on draft boards.

I'd love that; getting Bouchard/Dobson and Wilde in the same year. That would really stomp on the pedal to get our shambolic D rebuilt. Most prognosticators have Wilde going about 14-17 OA and I don't think AA and our 30th gets us that high.

Reactions: NickH8

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I would be surprised. Custance said on the Athletic they just aren't getting the kind of offers on AA they would need to move him because other teams aren't sure about him. His inconsistencies worry teams it sounded like.
I still think his inconsistent play is more so with coaching and the system here than him, I think he goes else where and it bites us in the ass but that is just me.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I still think his inconsistent play is more so with coaching and the system here than him, I think he goes else where and it bites us in the ass but that is just me.

I don't, he was never the most consistent in the CHL or the AHL, and its not like he's playing an engaged style with Detroit, meaning its more about him taking shifts off which is a personal problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->