What ballot of HOFer will Marc-Andre Fleury be?

What ballot will Fleury be for the HOF?

• Total voters

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
IMO Marc Andre Fleury is a Chris Osgood.

Fleury has a lot of wins because there are more wins handed out in the shootout era and he played on good teams. Same with the Jennings, that is largely a team defense award.

Of current HOF eligible goalies who are not in the HOF, I would consider Curtis Joseph, Miikka Kiprusoff, Tim Thomas, Tom Barrasso to have better individual achievements.

Now personally, I think all of the guys I mentioned including Osgood should go in the hall but they are super stingy with goalies.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
IMO Marc Andre Fleury is a Chris Osgood.

Fleury has a lot of wins because there are more wins handed out in the shootout era and he played on good teams. Same with the Jennings, that is largely a team defense award.

Of current HOF eligible goalies who are not in the HOF, I would consider Curtis Joseph, Miikka Kiprusoff, Tim Thomas, Tom Barrasso to have better individual achievements.
what has Jospeh won?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Only 3rd in all time wins for a goalie with 492 but I guess all the people trying to bring him down will somehow be justified because his save pct wasn't out of this world even then its pretty comparable to some of the best of all time.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Ideally never.

BTW first ballot.... are you guys OK? Superior goalies like Giacomin, Holmes, Worters, Brimsek and Broda had to wait a long time to get in.

Some of these pups might not know on who Eddie, Hap, Zero, Turk are. MAF has been a nice feel good story this year, but HOF, no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad