What are your top 3 favorite fights

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
If you had to rank the top 3 fights you have seen from any Lightning player, what would they be and why? (Video would be great if you can find it)

For me i would have to go with:

1. Namestnikov vs Fabbri: The jersey pull from Vladdy was amazing and the call from Peckham made it that much better

2. Artyukhin vs Gratton: 2 mega heavyweights just absolutely throwing bombs

3. Downie vs Coburn: Downie was one of my favorites during his time here and landed a couple of rights that almost took Coburn down and then got absolutely fed uppercuts from Coburn

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Kyle Freadrich vs Ryan Vandenbussch

Video speaks for itself

There is no second or third

Edit: I noticed in the video Ryan makes it sound like he got the best of Kyle, he conveniently left out the part that he needed his jaw wired back together. This is back when there were no visors and huge players with very little hockey skill were able to make it onto the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tampa22 and Point21

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
1. Me vs Matt Watson
2. DistantThunderRep vs Byrd and T Rex
3. Master P vs the entire board

On a serious note:

1. Lecavalier goal and fight vs Philly
2. Lecavalier vs Iggy
3. Artyukhin and Vermettes helmet vs Vermettes head
HosEmDown vs. HFboston, Hose making the case that we didnt need Zdeno Chara because we had Andrej Sustr, the younger version of Chara.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Kyle Freadrich vs Ryan Vandenbussch

Video speaks for itself

There is no second or third

Edit: I noticed in the video Ryan makes it sound like he got the best of Kyle, he conveniently left out the part that he needed his jaw wired back together. This is back when there were no visors and huge players with very little hockey skill were able to make it onto the ice.

This ranks 4th on my all time list

Reactions: Rschmitz

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
In recent years, Sergachev vs McCabe - after Serge had clobbered Eichel. classic rally-the-troops win, lead to a comeback in the game.

Reactions: Peacefool

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ohhhh love this one and will be pretty difficult to me, I love ton of bouts, bring lot of memories!

Number 1: Freadrich vs Vandenbussche (Top fight of 99/00 Season per users from the died dropyourgloves.com)

Number 2: Poescheck vs Berube (Two great customers from that era, personally Rudy was my favorite Lightning enforcer. He may not won this time but the bout is amazing and the TV announcer help to be more spectacular. He was a beauty, always given his heart protecting all the players, fought lot of heavies, I would've liked him to retire with our team)

Number 3: Nazarov & Tucker vs Lacroix plus brawl (Those glory years of the Ice Palace, my god, will cry compared that hockey with this one... Players like McCarthy, Nazarov, Gratton, Ciccone and Darcy Tucker, my favorite center in the Lightning history, so entertaining player, a pest who fight anybody and played great hockey too)

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Here's my 3. I was at **2 of these games - EDIT: Nice one Tampa22 - I see we have impeccable taste! :thumbu:

#3 (tie) - **Brantt Myhres TKO's Dan Kordic (I f***ing hated Kordic) and Ciccone rag dolls Matt Barnaby (this was in Buffalo - not at that one)
#2 - Rudy Po vs Craig Berube
#1 - **Andrei Nazarov vs. Daniel Lacroix (Darcy Tucker Finishes him)

Last edited:

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Here's my 3. I was at **2 of these games - EDIT: Nice one Tampa22 - I see we have impeccable taste! :thumbu:
I can't explain to you how envious it makes me to read that you were in those games. I have the chance to visit Tampa a couple of times, share some time with Dingman, Crombeen, Downie, DiMaio, Malone, Sarich among others but unfortunately was a kid to travel by myself in those golden years. Big hug man!

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
In recent years, Sergachev vs McCabe - after Serge had clobbered Eichel. classic rally-the-troops win, lead to a comeback in the game.
In Sweden yes? I think this fight was one of pivot points for us to get that cup that year. I really wish that Sergy fights sometimes

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Andre Roy is the first guy I think of when it comes to Lightning enforcers. Zenon Konopka has some of the longest scraps I've seen from a Lightning player, and that's impressive. Chris Dingman making Chris Neil turtle is great stuff. Mike Smtih trying to fight Chris Neil is still hilarious. There are plenty of fights that are actually "good" ones, by people who know what they are doing when the gloves are dropped, but I tend to favor the ones that have some meaning or end up being impactful.

Recent ones that I remember fondly are Schenn vs Matt Martin in the bubble or Sergachev vs McCabe on New years eve.

Older ones that still stick with me are Steve Downie against big Dustin Byfuglien after a hit on Stammer.

Vinny vs Max Talbot, with Vinny throwing an extra punch to Talbot as a message sender after Rinaldo took an unnecessary shot on Crombeen earlier in the game.

Stammer doing what a captain does and going after Marchand in defense of Filppula, or Dion Phaneuf for Marty, against Karl Alzner for Kucherov.

Really anytime Stammer or Vinny fought, it was an event. As far as ranking anything though, Vinny vs Iginla will always be #1, and then it's just everything else.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad