What are your thoughts on Ruff's upcoming return to Buffalo?

heartsabres*

Does it mean anything to you? If so what? What are your feelings? Are you going to the game?

Personally I am a little sad and a little happy. Hard to not have feelings about the game. Want to win, lose or does not matter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Considering our team's current outlook? I believe he'll get cheers. :)

His time was over last year, but he'll be remembered as a Pro-Buffalo guy and a great coach.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I think anything less than an hour long video ceremony before the game commemorating his 50% playoff appearance history sends the wrong message to other potential coaching candidates throughout the league.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
It'll be odd, period, seeing him behind any other bench, let alone that one.

It'll be... interesting to see how the fans in the arena receive him considering the current state of the team.

Karate Johnson*

I'm gonna hit him in the back of the head with a 48oz Diet Coke

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'll be there. They better do a 3̶0̶sec, 6̶0̶sec, 2̶min, 5̶min, at least a 10 min tribute thank you Lindy video with streamers and laser lights.

Or I'm crossing my arms and leaving while stomping my feet and calling out Pegula for being such a terrible owner.

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
Lindy Ruff IS the Buffalo Sabres IMO, he should get a nice ceremony for his return and then ultimately when the time is right he should get his name up in the rafters.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Black already said there's going to be a video montage for Lindy (or, if you want to deride it, a "tribute video").

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
Lindy Ruff IS the Buffalo Sabres IMO, he should get a nice ceremony for his return and then ultimately when the time is right he should get his name up in the rafters.
Name in the rafters?? Wow.

He'll get a nice ovation, mostly deserved, and he'll likely get a win. That's plenty.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
My min thought is I'm stuck with 2 tickets I can't use. I liked Lindy, he's gone. I've moved on. If I went and they did a quick something I'd cheer. If they didn't, I'd be ok with that too.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I want to see Lindy get confused and walk over behind the sabres bench at the start of the first before realizing what he has done and heading back over to the Stars bench.

Honestly, though, a standing ovation. Fans remember all the good times with Ruff might help alleviate the pain of having to witness another Sabres game.

Also, for fun, fans get to compare Ruff and Rolston's coaching styles in a 60+ minute game.

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
Name in the rafters?? Wow.

He'll get a nice ovation, mostly deserved, and he'll likely get a win. That's plenty.

Lindy Ruff played for the club for 10 years (including several years as the Captain) and coached for 16, he is the franchise.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Lindy Ruff played for the club for 10 years (including several years as the Captain) and coached for 16, he is the franchise.

Just stop. Ruff is no where near the franchise. Hasek is more than franchise, as is countless other players. A coach that didn't even win a cup is not THE franchise, or however you like to put it. Continuing to say it also won't make it come true.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think this guy is actually.
regier.jpg

:sarcasm:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just stop. Ruff is no where near the franchise. Hasek is more than franchise, as is countless other players. A coach that didn't even win a cup is not THE franchise, or however you like to put it. Continuing to say it also won't make it come true.

Like MARV isn't the Bills. Right?

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
The man who won less than his coach? Gotcha.
You do know that Marv is nothing without Kelly?!?! You do understand that Marv came back to the team and completely screwed it up?? You do understand that Marv has drifted off into irrelevance and Kelly continues to be a vocal leader for the team??

Also, if you are going to argue about anyone else being the franchise, it should be Ralph, not Marv.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->