What are your expectations for the rest of the season and why do you believe this could happen?

What are you cheering for the rest of the season?

• Total voters

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Do you have any realistic expectations for the last part of the season?

Trades, trophys, scores or a revenge on a a special club?

Which team do you cheer for in the playoffs and why? (of course if the oilers miss)

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
McPoints,

The team is trash and will be for a long time. Rather see mcdavid win as much hardware here before he leaves

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Worst in the West.

...Though the Ducks may steal that title from us.

I don't expect anything, not even an Art Ross. There's nothing here.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
looking forward to trade that can ship out cap for the off season. interested in seeing the new GM , coach ect and being excited about hockey again. as for the rest of the season ,playoffs are a long shot to say the least but that would be great .

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Team to work better and harder together. McDavid Draisaitl points be darned (I've seen them do amazing plays but don't care would prefer a tight team). Mcpoints is teaching/accepting McDavid and Draisaitl to play the wrong way.

Prepare / practice for next season.

Sit lazy or attitude problems even if top paid players. Sit 2 or 3 at a time necessary. Sit for more than one game. Pick the most entitled player and sit for a long long time. Puljujärvi to the minors if he doesn't like it sit him.
Sitting is embarrassing I would think. Sitting players need to be shunned and not allowed to any team functions AT ALL including practices. Make it real uncomfortable. Somehow they need to know they are not entitled to play for the team they are LUCKY!
Hitchcock can get away with it he's retiring anyway.

Don't buy out anybody, it is a reward.

Give a lot ahl guys a game or two or more. They will have a ton of energy and ambition.

Unless we start winning or playing as a team of course (dare to dream).

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Another team. I'm a Bakersfield fan the rest of the season.

I'm still following Oilers news like I always do but for the rest of this season, I'm done with this team. There are better things to do than to be annoyed for 2 hours every other day or so.
It's one thing to be bad, but they are boring and bad. Not worth my time.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
I can honestly say I have none. It’s all over but the cryin.

I guess I hope we can get back to the days when the team played with pride and worked for it. I mean the last playoff run was fun but I really enjoyed the late 90s and 06. Those teams earned everything they got even against all the odds. With respect to our current situation you can look back to the glory days. It’s been said Gretzky lead by example and always worked hard, I hope the same is true with Connor but those young guys in the early days always had veteran players around which has always been a solid template. We are lacking the true team guys.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Don’t care anymore. Watch the scores to see who’s scoring I guess. Not sure I’ll care next year either, the Oilers will need to bring in a competent GM and make big changes in management and roster to get my attention back. I’m guessing they won’t do either.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Results matter less than setting us up better for next season and that means trades going in as much as it means trades going out.

If they can make the playoffs, it would be nice, but without the setting up for next season it would be a hollow victory.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Team to work better and harder together. McDavid Draisaitl points be darned (I've seen them do amazing plays but don't care would prefer a tight team). Mcpoints is teaching/accepting McDavid and Draisaitl to play the wrong way.

Prepare / practice for next season.

Sit lazy or attitude problems even if top paid players. Sit 2 or 3 at a time necessary. Sit for more than one game. Pick the most entitled player and sit for a long long time. Puljujärvi to the minors if he doesn't like it sit him.
Sitting is embarrassing I would think. Sitting players need to be shunned and not allowed to any team functions AT ALL including practices. Make it real uncomfortable. Somehow they need to know they are not entitled to play for the team they are LUCKY!
Hitchcock can get away with it he's retiring anyway.

Don't buy out anybody, it is a reward.

Give a lot ahl guys a game or two or more. They will have a ton of energy and ambition.

Unless we start winning or playing as a team of course (dare to dream).
McDavid isn't the problem when it comes to back checking.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
McPoints while the team has a fighting chance for playoffs but miss them by a whisker. Rather take our chances in the draft lottery than a token 4 game blowout appearance vs the Jets or Sharks. Even if by some godforsaken miracle we win a round it would send the wrong signals to the morons running the show that somehow this team is good and we would reinforce failure in the same way Lowe did in 07 and Chiarelli did this past two years.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
McPoints while the team has a fighting chance for playoffs but miss them by a whisker. Rather take our chances in the draft lottery than a token 4 game blowout appearance vs the Jets or Sharks. Even if by some godforsaken miracle we win a round it would send the wrong signals to the morons running the show that somehow this team is good and we would reinforce failure in the same way Lowe did in 07 and Chiarelli did this past two years.

It would be bemusing if they make the playoffs with this roster.

Fire the guy who made the playoffs two out of the last three years while the decade of futility gang sleep walks through their job and brings in the next patsy.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Last years art ross race even though the team was trash was actually the most exciting stretch fun for me of the decade (besides the 2 playoff years obviously).

The tear he went on to win in the last 3rd of the year was insane and it would be awesome to see that again

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
McPoints,

The team is trash and will be for a long time. Rather see mcdavid win as much hardware here before he leaves

He's not even going to win the Art Ross this year, because Kucherov and the entire Tampa team are taking the NHL to the wood shed this year. TB has 3 guys in the top-14 of scoring in the entire league! lol, that is absolutely ridiculous. They also have the 15th highest scoring dman.

McDavid is better than Kucherov, no doubt about that, but nobody is catching Kucherov this year.

As far as the poll question. The only answer is tanking, because this team is pathetically bad, and tanking is the only thing they are good at. But we likely won't even do that properly, and finish around 5th-8th last in the league, and not end up with a good 1st rounder.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If Mcdavid wins the Art Ross this year then we’re going to be close to getting in. I just don’t see us making the playoffs with how good some of the teams above us are doing.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
They will crash and burn. End up bottom 3. Why? There’s something wrong with the water.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad