What are you to fav NHL NFL Team Logos?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
:sabres
I like the Sabres the best because it is my favorite team. (Amerks 2nd best)

The new Florida logo is probably my second favorite.

I like simple logos:
:hawks :kings2 :rangers :coyotes :bolts :blues :leafs :jets :stars

The new Maple Leafs logo is probably the worst.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Sabres first, but I may be biased... I do, however, think it's a great looking logo.

After that, in no particular order: Red Wings, Flyers, Bruins. Classic badges. Not a fan of the cartoonish logos some teams go with.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Sabres #1 I became a fan because of Mogilny (when he played for vancouver) and Afinogenov

#2 is probably Coyotes
#3 Leafs
#4 Lightning

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
One of my favorite is Minnesota Wild and sure I can tell my least favorite team logos - The Ducks and Stars logos are the worst, they're just so heartbreaking ugly :( Blue Jackets and Flames aren't as bad but they come next in the top. No offense guys, but they're really, really bad. :(

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
:flames:habs:flyers:avs:sharks
image.php
:sarcasm:

I think my favorites are whatever teams used from like '95-'05.

Its a nostalgia thing I guess. For example, I'm not a fan of the new Stars or ducks logos, and I'm glad the pens went back to yellow over gold.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
The Sabres. You got the city name and the team name all in a picture. It is beautiful. I like all the original 6 as well.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
... well, just to make it easy. The entire cast of the original 6 plus Buffalo.

I just like the simplicity of old school.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
I've always thought the Wings logo is the best in sports.

Definitely .. I love the old timers ... not so much the stylized versions like that old Ducks logo. Yuck.

As far as "Best in Sport" some of the EPL logos (and for the most part, Europe) are almost like medieval battle standards. Some of those old clubs from the 19th century have some really historic backgrounds.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Hartford Whalers in a walk.
The Whale logo, in particular on either the blue or white sweater, so that it's 3-color (white, green, and silver) instead of the white-only logo on the green sweater, is the gold standard of defunct teams, and is soooo much better than many current NHL logos.

I've always thought the Wings logo is the best in sports.

All the original 6 logos circa 1970s are iconic (exception: pre-1970's Leafs is better than ~1970-2016 Leafs), plus Buffalo's because if it's Whale-like in that it's logo incorporates the city too. St. Louis logo is another modern-era goodie.

If we're talking sweaters and not just logos, Chicago's black sweater version is truly snappy and special.

For defunct teams, I also liked the Nordique logo/igloo, especially with the fleur-de-lis midriff sweater.

Call me crazy, but I've always found the Canucks original logo and sweater color scheme pretty snappy. Similarly, (and bizzarly) the Coyote's "Picasso's Dog" version - but that's probably just me.

Many of the other logos are plain abysmal, IMO. Ducks have never got it right. Dallas too. Wild? Avalanche? Thrashers were a complete turd - if only Sherman could have burned that. I understand the desire for more complex modern logos, but the simplicity of the older ones allowed you to draw them on your school folders and notebooks.

NFL? I think there are two classic color schemes: Green Bay Packers bright yellow and green, and the Buffalo Bills classic red/white/blue. Standing Buffalo logo ca. 1960s-early '70s is by far better than any of the charging versions. Colts logo is iconic. Honorable mention to the Steelers black/yellow/white color scheme & half-logo.

Houston Oilers had a good color scheme and logo, as did the powder-blue-era Chargers.

Current Patriots logo looks like the US Postal Service symbol updated a couple decades ago. Most of the other NFL logos are pretty uninspiring too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad